Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] 5.3.030 crashing. Fixed in 5.3 032

It seems wishful thinking + short sightedness took over and I just upgraded to 030 again?
Feel free to make me feel like an idiot.
:(
 
Last edited:
I've just initiated Time Warp and upgraded to build 31 - OK, so I compiled it myself :)

I can report on an Ultimo4K it did not crash the GUI on first start or on a subsequent reboot
 
Is that just to embarrass people like me or is there some other reason I can't imagine at the moment?

You made an incorrect assumption, he posted something to clarify what happens so that your understanding as well as other people increases. Most people would have just left it at that, clicked on the thanks button or posted "thanks for that" type of post.

To find out what image you are on.
Menu > Information > About
 
You made an incorrect assumption, he posted something to clarify what happens so that your understanding as well as other people increases. Most people would have just left it at that, clicked on the thanks button or posted "thanks for that" type of post.

To find out what image you are on.
Menu > Information > About

If I' ve gone to Check for update is it not reasonable to expect that I'll be shown information about what I'm about to update to and not a future version that's not available yet?
You MUST surely at least admit that would be a reasonable assumption?
 
Last edited:
Our files are there. It is a public repository, you have access to it. To hep you on your way, the relevant file is here:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/master/lib/python/Screens/GitCommitInfo.py

Please provide the fix required to solve the issue that you are currently highlighting. We look forward to your solution in great anticipation.

That looks like part of OpenVIX itself.

Not a single comment anywhere in that file.
Does it not get compiled to pyo or something?
Would comments really take too much space?

Maybe it's fixable there but it seems to me that what's needed is for that code to look for version info in a place other than the version info for the sources.

You need to make this piece of code look for release notes on the same server as the binary image files and make the script that uploads the binary images also upload the release notes immediately after the images, or maybe even in the same zip file.
 
Great analysis and ideas.

There are various threads/posts on forums on how to work with py/pyo files in Enigma2 receivers.

When you do submit your pull request with the fix, please send to the Dev branch.
 
Just to confirm that the problem is now fixed in the official release of 5.3.032

Thanks.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top