Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Mut@nt] HD51 5.4.004 timeshift lockup

My gripe with watching delayed TV via th timeshift buffer is having to use the > key (the one under the 9 key) to jump over the program boundary or else openvix is liable to restart the previous program again. AND if you press the > accidentally once too often when jumping boundaries getting back into live TV with the timeshift buffer apparently instantly cleared.
Yes, I've been caught out by something like that.
 
All versions in 5.4.x release (currently running 5.4.012) are still suffering from the same problem, i.e. timeshift does not restart after playing a recording, unless I change channels afterwards. I assume this is relevant to enigma code, rather than the kernel triggering some power saving feature on the disk, but I don't know what changes were introduced since the 5.3.x series to cause this. Is there some configuration workaround I could use for now, or some tweak I could implement on this end, rather than wait in hope for a major release upgrade to revert this 'feature'?
 
All versions in 5.4.x release (currently running 5.4.012) are still suffering from the same problem, i.e. timeshift does not restart after playing a recording, unless I change channels afterwards. I assume this is relevant to enigma code, rather than the kernel triggering some power saving feature on the disk, but I don't know what changes were introduced since the 5.3.x series to cause this. Is there some configuration workaround I could use for now, or some tweak I could implement on this end, rather than wait in hope for a major release upgrade to revert this 'feature'?

So what are you expecting to happen???
 
In the 5.3.x series and before, once we finished/stopped playing a recording and the box returned to showing live TV, the timeshift started as expected and as was configured to do. With the 5.4.x series the timeshift does not start following playback of a recording, unless/until we change the TV channel.

Since we make a lot of use of timeshift - "Ah! This looks interesting, let me scroll back" - we now have to switch to some other TV channel and back again to get the timeshift function to start, after each and every time we finish watching a recorded programme. It's an annoying workaround, because sometimes we forget to change channel, e.g. when we switch off the box in a hurry. Next time we start the box and try to scroll back we discover we're unable to do so. Hence I was hoping some patch/tweak/module loading option would allow us to revert to the previous behaviour.
 
What have you got the timeshift setting "Stop timeshift while recording" set to?
 
"Stop timeshift while recording" is set to No.

Anyway, the problem manifests whether the box is in the process of recording, or not. It seems to be triggered by the playback of recordings, after which timeshift will not start again, unless I change channel.
 
Bug fixed!

Some change on OpenVix 5.4.016 seems to have fixed this regression problem. My thanks to the dev who done this. :thumbsup:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top