Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] 6.7.008 - subtitles bug ?

LbCwby

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2014
Messages
116
Reaction score
2
Points
18
Location
Ireland, Dromiskin
What type of support thread are you creating?
Possible bug
What OpenViX Image build number are you using?
6.7.008
Have you tried re-flashing WITHOUT settings restore?
NO
Have you tried re-flashing WITH a settings restore?
YES
Hi,

I have subtitles showing at any and all channels that offer them, and it is set as such in the settings.

However, after installing 6.7.008 as recommended (download, settings back-up 6.7.007, flash, putting settings back), I noticed that after having done a movie-cut, or watched a recording and going back to the TV-channel I was watching, no subtitles showed.
When either going into the channel setting of the subtitles, or even just channel up (or down) and back to the original channel I was watching ... they were back.

As I do lots of recordings, then cut the wretched "sales announcements" and then save that, this annoyed me to the extent of putting 6.7.007 back (where it worked and works), of which I'd made an image back-up before installing 6.7.008.

Is this known ? Or a setting that causes this somewhere ?

As new forum, not sure if it'll show my signature as before, so:
VU+ Ultimo 4K,
Skin: YouViX-Blue-Mod.


Yay, seemingly this was my 100th message here (still a long way to catch up with Rob van der Does though :) )
 
Last edited:
Thanks Orlandox.
With "outdated" and seeing 2023 in that Github-link, still strange that in 6.7.007 it works, and in 008 not anymore.
To find out where in the thousands and thousands of lines of code that change is happening, would be too much, for me at least.
I hope it can be found.
 
The problem was there before too. But masked with forced service restart...
 
Hello,

yes, I tested before and after. After : subtitles and timeshift do not work without changing channel + or - and then back.

But when I put these rows back to MovieSelection.py, both are working:

# This is needed for DVB subtitles to show after stop playing recording & exit
from Screens.InfoBar import InfoBar
infobar = InfoBar.instance
if self.session.nav.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference():
if not infobar.timeshiftEnabled() and ':0:/' not in self.session.nav.getCurrentlyPlayingServiceReference().toString():
self.session.nav.stopService()
 
How exactly are you reproducing this? Step by step please.
 
No. We can't reproduce a timeshift problem so we need exact steps.
 
@Orlandox -----> the guys have tried this and cannot reproduce any issue with Timeshift, so we need a step by step with debug log - so have you had this Timeshift issue (in which case need asked for data) or is it only Mickkie?
 
Hello,

I tested it also and I have the same issue. I will have time later today to do tests and grab logs.
 
Timeshift test:

1. Timeshift is on and saving files to \\VUUNO4KSE\Root\mnt\usb\timeshift (3 seconds wait time)
2. Press PVR button and select a recording to start playing
3. Press Stop
4. Press Exit
5. Timeshift is not saving files
6. Zapping to channel 2 and back to 3.
7. Timeshift is creating files
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Well to me timeshift do starts in background. I had no issues with that. However, I cannot really operate afterwards.
So, I did some fixes in recent commits that hopefully will fix that issue.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top