Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Advice regarding second sat box please

bigbaz

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2012
Messages
39
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello all,

I am considering purchasing a second HD box for a bedroom and I am hoping for somebody's expertise and advice regarding this please..

I have currently a VU+ DUO Enigma 2 receiver with the latest VIX software in my living room, and is networked and working beautifully and I ideally would like the second box in the bedroom to be able to view and play back the recordings stored on the VU DUO+ Hdd, if this would be possible?

If this is possible, what receiver would I need to purchase in order to obtain the required result? "Note: there is only one LNB cable feed in the bedroom"

Secondly my router ports are all occupied and I am also looking to purchase a very good networking port switch hub, any advice regarding which one to purchase would be greatly appreciated also.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Baz.
 
Easily done & just because youonly have 1 feed in the bedroom shouldn't put you off getting a twin tuner box & using loopthrough.
Lots of options at the moment, the TMT2 is perfect for this, along with another duo, solo, T2 and so on...
Depends on budget really.
 
Thanks judge, my budget is low on this occasion. I should have mentioned that in my previous post, "my bad". What is a loopthrough? and how would I get it to work on a solo for example? I am a noob when it comes to this, apologies if it's a daft question.
 
loopthrough won't work on a single tuner, it's for dual tuners with only access to one feed.
it just gives you extra recording/viewing options when the tuner is being used.
 
Ah I see, thanks for explaining that. Looks like a TMT2 so with the loopthrough option for me. :thumbsup:
 
Ive ordered a Raspberry pie from http://thepihut.com/ for about £36 with Openelec XBMC running on it you can stream channels from your receiver via a VU+ client and also access all your recordings all in a size of a credit card.

7513051848_9a6ef2feb8_o.webp
 
Nice one markus625.. I have decided to go with another VU+Duo as it is a unit I am getting more familiar with and as soon as I get my paycheck next Thursday, World of Satellite will be getting a few quid from me, and me neighbour too, as she wants to purchase one as well.

Happy Christmas & Happy New Year to you all.
 
I have a VU DUO myself and i cant recommend them highly enough, AAA+
 
loopthrough won't work on a single tuner, it's for dual tuners with only access to one feed.
it just gives you extra recording/viewing options
when the tuner is being used.

Hi Judge,

If you get a minute could you expand on this a wee bit.

Thanks
 
I would use the cheapest (second hand??) available ViX-running box and only use a network connection. Even the tuner may be defect.
Use for Live-TV and viewing recordings from the server box.
 
I would use the cheapest (second hand??) available ViX-running box and only use a network connection. Even the tuner may be defect.
Use for Live-TV and viewing recordings from the server box.

Sounds good to me :D I'm gonna grab me another VU+Duo though, just because I am getting familiar of how it operates and to be honest they really are an awesome piece kit.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top