B
Burnham
Guest
I have never updated my VU+ Duo since buying it two years ago - it has the v2.2 image loaded. I now want to load the latest OpenViX 3.0 image.
Been reading up all the information I can - I don't want to damage my box. As far as I understand my steps are:
1/ Load duo_cfe_3_0_usb bootloader from USB stick
2/ Load latest OpenViX 3.0 image from USB stick
Is this correct. Is it possible to go straight from v2.2 to V3.0.734 without going through any of the many images released between July 2011 and Sept 2013?
Things I'm not sure about:
- my kernel is v2.6.18 - latest kernel is v3.1.1 - will loading the latest openViX image automatically update the kernel?
- my drivers are from 2011.06.10 - same question - will these be updated automatically when loading the last v3 image?
- anything else I should know?
Been reading up all the information I can - I don't want to damage my box. As far as I understand my steps are:
1/ Load duo_cfe_3_0_usb bootloader from USB stick
2/ Load latest OpenViX 3.0 image from USB stick
Is this correct. Is it possible to go straight from v2.2 to V3.0.734 without going through any of the many images released between July 2011 and Sept 2013?
Things I'm not sure about:
- my kernel is v2.6.18 - latest kernel is v3.1.1 - will loading the latest openViX image automatically update the kernel?
- my drivers are from 2011.06.10 - same question - will these be updated automatically when loading the last v3 image?
- anything else I should know?