Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] All User please read! Build 155 will need a fresh flash and setup!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it says buddy, you will need to do a fresh flash with no backup so a fresh install like new.
Not a problem for me as I regularly do fresh installs. All my settings are on my pc n just ftp them over, takes me 10 mins max to set my box up fresh.

Hi Andy, by "all my settings on my pc" do you mean channel settings which I also have backed up or otherwise?
Can you please elaborate as I am pretty new to this and don't want to spend hours setting up box after a fresh reflash if possible.
 
I'd also like to know how to get my settings back if I do a fresh install. I have made many changes to my config since Apollo 60 since I first purchased my receiver ... a lot of these settings I can't remember at this stage.
 
Hi mate, on my pc I have my timers, picons and cam info saved, obviously the timers I do prior to fresh flashing as timers can vary depending on what you are recording. I use ABM and crossEPG and I only have a 28.2 setup so easy to setup tuners from fresh. Obviously all depends on your setup etc.
 
what I would like to know will this new image resolve the 1080p issues as I have had to revert back to image 147 to get 1080p to look clear and not blurry?
 
For an end user, what exactly are the changes in this build?
From an end user point of view, you'll notice a few changes in Plugins browser, and some bug fixes. But under-the-hood there's been a huge amount of work (especially by Rossi) to prepare for the new OE-A core and a big PLi merge (thanks to Andy).
 
what I would like to know will this new image resolve the 1080p issues as I have had to revert back to image 147 to get 1080p to look clear and not blurry?
Do you have a VU box by any chance?

Just that the latest VU drivers released a day or two ago, mentioned something about blurred graphic problem!
 
From an end user point of view, you'll notice a few changes in Plugins browser, and some bug fixes. But under-the-hood there's been a huge amount of work (especially by Rossi) to prepare for the new OE-A core and a big PLi merge (thanks to Andy).
I would like to thank Rossi, Andy and anyone else involved for their hard work.
 
what I would like to know will this new image resolve the 1080p issues as I have had to revert back to image 147 to get 1080p to look clear and not blurry?
If the STB is a Vu+, build 154 will contain the 17/03 drivers that address the blurriness issue.
 
I'd also like to know how to get my settings back if I do a fresh install. I have made many changes to my config since Apollo 60 since I first purchased my receiver ... a lot of these settings I can't remember at this stage.

I've changed loads of settings to customise my screens / skin layout & so on so it does take me a little longer to re-do everything to my liking from a fresh flash.

I've used the screen grab function in open webif to grab the osd for each menu of settings so I can just use those to get everything back how it was. Saves a load of trial & error. At least it's only once every few months this is needed & the rest of the time it's way quicker.

:)
 
I keep a note with all my settings and the appropriate menu items to change. It's then just a matter of following my notes for the key presses on the remote. This way I don't forget anything.
 
Hi mate, on my pc I have my timers, picons and cam info saved, obviously the timers I do prior to fresh flashing as timers can vary depending on what you are recording. I use ABM and crossEPG and I only have a 28.2 setup so easy to setup tuners from fresh. Obviously all depends on your setup etc.

Ok, cheers for that!
 
I've changed loads of settings to customise my screens / skin layout & so on so it does take me a little longer to re-do everything to my liking from a fresh flash....
If I was you then I would stay on current build until maybe the new OE-A core is introduced because you will have to do a clean fresh flash twice. One for build 154 and another one when new OE-A core is introduced (which Apollo will be discontinued for another name).
 
If I was you then I would stay on current build until maybe the new OE-A core is introduced because you will have to do a clean fresh flash twice. One for build 154 and another one when new OE-A core is introduced (which Apollo will be discontinued for another name).
So what could be the reason to flash with Apollo 154 if you again have to flash with image having totally different name and stucture?
 
I presume all recordings are kept on clean flash, how about image backups?
 
If I was you then I would stay on current build until maybe the new OE-A core is introduced because you will have to do a clean fresh flash twice. One for build 154 and another one when new OE-A core is introduced (which Apollo will be discontinued for another name).

Thanks for the info. I might hang on then as you suggest rather than do it all twice. Is the new name build due after apollo 154?

Cheers.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top