Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Alot of channels missing after update.

Did you do an online update from older versions or was it clean/fresh usb flash (with no restore of settings)?
 
fresh flash mate with usb im getting grief here shes going nuts im gonna sleep on it an try again tomorrow when kids are at school also get my mates duo an try that cheers guys.
 
you should change the tune to single satellite instead of predefine that should scan them all in then
 
Ok just scanned a single tuner at a time tuner A had alot of channels blank and tuner B had nothing it was all blank. So i tried my mates duo and it was perfect not a single blank channel.
 
Ok just scanned a single tuner at a time tuner A had alot of channels blank and tuner B had nothing it was all blank. So i tried my mates duo and it was perfect not a single blank channel.
Tried your mates DUO on the same feeds?
Both using the same tuner setups?
Both using the same image & build number?
Both not using any restores or a restore from the same build number?
 
mates duo with same feeds, i flashed back to 152 as that's what build hes on with no restore and still the same only iv got most kids channels back only 1 movie channel and 1 sports channel. then i restarted my duo and its a whole different set of blank channels. Must be the box?
 
Are you sure it's not your method of decrtpting the channels?
 
no iv tried quite a few different ways thats what i first thought it was but its defo not that.
 
I found the problem I don't know how or why it was changed or why it made a difference.
 
I found the problem I don't know how or why it was changed or why it made a difference.
Glad you found it.

What was problem as it may help others in your circumstances?
 
Guys it seems there are some very clever ppl on this thread and haven't had much response to my own so can I just hijack this briefly pls?

Just flashed my solo 2 with vix 166.. last one I was using was 90.. i seem to have gone back in time to an older looking image, there used to be more info when on the bouquets ie it listed more detail on the current and next 2 programmes.. and watching the timers has reverted back to the old style ( round yellow / green markers as apposed to bars).. i hope I'm making some sort of sense here...

Basically I'm worried that I have messed up the flash (im pretty poor at this to be honest) and somehow re loaded an old version despite when I click on information it shows apollo build 166

Any help / advice would be awesome thanks [emoji16]
 
Sounds like you were using a different skin. You can download them from the plugins. Also the "markers" are settings dependent. Go to your movielist press menu, select settings and alter "showstatusicons in movielist" to progress
 
Ok thanks for that.. interesting. I didn't realise that skins were an option. I guess I assumed the name 'image' meant the way it looked. Goes to show how naive I am haha.. is there a recommendation for skin option or a case of trial and error...? Should I download the skin plug in and then back it up ? Thanks again
 
there are plenty of skins. I prefer openvix-youvix-blue but download and try a few and see what you like.

Also there are settings for lots of things. eg press the up or down arrow to bring up channel list, then press menu and select settings. Another is the graphical epg. Again bring it up and menu, settings.

If you do an image backup before playing you can always reflash back to where you started. Also when you have it set up how you like do a settings backup. Also write down what you did in case you have to reflash without a settings restore (as you will have to do to go past 166)

ps to change skins menu, setup, system, user interface. There are also settings that can be changed there :D
 
Wow thanks so much that's great.. One thing I do struggle with is backing it up. . I believe I have done it before but was more by luck than judgement!

I do write things as I go (when I remember haha)... very good advice that [emoji106] [emoji108]
 
blue button, vix. Backup manager to backup/restore settings or image manager to backup/restore images. Image manager can also be used to download and flash an image, commonly referred to as 'couch flashing".
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top