Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Alternatives to CrossEPG for New Zealand

I'm interested to know how you got this working.
I've just upgraded to OpenVix 6, not realising that CrossEPG would not work.
I've tried EPGRefresh, even leaving it on a 12519 channel overnight and all I ever get is full 7 day Freeview EPG and now/next for Sky.
Cheers

Yes I got it working fine. the channel you need to tune to is TS3 IEPG Data Service. I leave it for 180 seconds
 
I'm interested to know how you got this working.
I've just upgraded to OpenVix 6, not realising that CrossEPG would not work.
I've tried EPGRefresh, even leaving it on a 12519 channel overnight and all I ever get is full 7 day Freeview EPG and now/next for Sky.
Cheers

Try 11778 Vertical for the IEPG channel for 7 day sky EPG
 
I can confirm that CrossEPG works for SKY NZ, on OpenVix 6.0.003.

@tkr001, none of the 12519 channels load their names for me, just data. I did not try identifying which would be TS3, and adding it to a bouquet, but good to know how you got it to work. I was trying Duke
+1 and Prime+1.

@adm, Sky NZ is on Horizontal from 12000 upwards, I assume you mean Sky UK?
 
I can confirm that CrossEPG works for SKY NZ, on OpenVix 6.0.003.

@tkr001, none of the 12519 channels load their names for me, just data. I did not try identifying which would be TS3, and adding it to a bouquet, but good to know how you got it to work. I was trying Duke
+1 and Prime+1.

@adm, Sky NZ is on Horizontal from 12000 upwards, I assume you mean Sky UK?

You can get to TS3 IEPG Data Service in the Last Scanned bouquet. I just used it as it was IMHO the least likely to change. Either zap to it or in the Epgrefresh plugin load it as a service and set the plugin up to run once a day at the time you prefer. I use fake recording in Epgrefresh too.
 
I am not sure if the fake recording was my problem, as that option is not visible for me in EPGRefresh.
Best I can tell, it should be the last option before 'Show Advanced Options', but all I see is delay if not standby, then advanced.
 
I am not sure if the fake recording was my problem, as that option is not visible for me in EPGRefresh.
Best I can tell, it should be the last option before 'Show Advanced Options', but all I see is delay if not standby, then advanced.

Yes thats where it should be. Have you tried deleting and redownloading the plugin? I know its a moot point because crossepg works fine but I am just curious.
 
Deleting the downloading it again did nothing.
My box is a Vu Zero, so I wonder if it detects a limitation of the STB and does not display the option? I have a USB drive plugged in, so the lack of a storage device would not be the cause.
 
I just checked a VU Zero and indeed the option does not show in the plugin. I guess because it is a single tuner box. It just switches to the channel specified in the settings and back again on both a manual and timer set update and back to the channel being viewed before the update at the end of the specified interval.
 
Last edited:
I just checked a VU Zero and indeed the option does not show in the plugin. I guess because it is a single tuner box. It just switches to the channel specified in the settings and back again on both a manual and timer set update and back to the channel being viewed before the update at the end of the specified interval.
Yes, the options show relative to the hardware available. On a single tuner box it will need to be in standby to do an automatic download.
 
Quick question on the topic does epg refresh work with FTA channels in Australia with DVB-T2 tuner?
 
Quick question on the topic does epg refresh work with FTA channels in Australia with DVB-T2 tuner?

EPGRefresh is just a zapper. So if the channel fetches the EPG, EPGRefresh will work.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top