Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Always on in the morning

Doreblade

New member
Joined
Apr 26, 2011
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Sheffield
Hi chaps

Got an odd thing going on here which I can't explain. I have the latest VIX update (2.3.204) but my problem has been going on for weeks.

Each night when going to my sleeping pit I turn off my tv and set my box to standby,but every morning I come down stairs to find my box switched on.

I have the Power Manager disabled and my EPG settings set to automatic refresh every 24 hours, with automatic save set to 24 hours too. My Cross EPG settings are are scheduled to download once a day at 04:00

I can't see any setting anywhere that is causing my box to switch on - any suggestions
 
Sure I can switch the EPG download off but that is what I want to happen overnight. It used to happen. Box would come out of standby, download latest EPG,then revert to Standby. Now it does that but stays on rather than going back to standby.
 
I've noticed the same - my box will come out of deep standby, and whereas in the past it would turn itself off after recording it now stays on. Also, on some occasions, the box just turns itself on again.

Done an online update and having a few issues so going to do a fresh install of 204 now see if it helps.
 
Rob - I get your point, I'm an ancient COBOL programmer for a major high street bank so understand your testing drift. Will turn EPG update off and see if box switches on anyway. Test expectation is that it should not, but let's see.

Will report back as soon as I can, may not be tomorrow but I'll do my best.

What I also need to check is the effects of the settings on the EPG Settings screen vs the CrossEPG settings
 
Thanks for helping to test. I forgot to say: please turn debug logs on (menu --> setup --> system --> logmanager.

And for
What I also need to check is the effects of the settings on the EPG Settings screen vs the CrossEPG settings
I would like you to explain what discrepancies you experience there.
 
Cobol Jesus people still use that..... I thought that died a death with Pascal
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top