Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] Any fix on its way for picture quality

  • Thread starter Thread starter garry1312
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think i am just going to go with another image as any other image there is no need to do tests or change this and that the picture quality is perfect.

I dont understand why all this hassle is needed to get decent PQ on ViX image when with any other image I have ever used on a total of 4 HD E2 receivers and the same tv it has not been needed.

There's members here trying to advise and help you but you're are not prepared to do any leg work yourself, so what was the point of even creating this thread if your not prepared to accept the help given? :confused:
 
There's only one answer: if you are able to get a difference in picture quality between different images, you're a miracle and worth your weight in gold (provided the images use the same drivers).

As I tried to explain before: there's no part of the image involved to get your TV-picture on your TV-screen, so it's physical impossible (hence the offer above) :D
 
There's members here trying to advise and help you but you're are not prepared to do any leg work yourself, so what was the point of even creating this thread if your not prepared to accept the help given? :confused:

I will have another try with tv and receiver settings but flashing another image running a test then back to ViX I may as well just flash another image and leave it at that.

There's only one answer: if you are able to get a difference in picture quality between different images, you're a miracle and worth your weight in gold (provided the images use the same drivers).

As I tried to explain before: there's no part of the image involved to get your TV-picture on your TV-screen, so it's physical impossible (hence the offer above) :D

I can assure you on it that other images such as the CT and AAF image are giving me better picture quality its not in my head others who have been round at my home have also made comments regarding it. It may be that its a setting thing on ViX that does not agree with my TV I do not know but without a doubt something is not adding up and providing the PQ i see on the other images.

If any of the ViX team are in central Scotland I invite you to come round to my home and I will be more than happy to prove this.
 
Well, I suggest to make an end to this nonsense: please use the image that suites you best, and stop that useless moaning here.
And at the moment you encounter an engineer who's capable and willing to develop (better) drivers for whatever which box: please invite him to do so. Because that's the only thing that matters in this area.
 
total denial of any problem occuring theme from what I have seen.

I even said i would prove it there so why doesnt ViX give there bloody nonsense a by.

Today I have came across loads of threads with people talking about issues with ViX 2.3 crashing constantly on more than one manufacture of receiver, i have seen and spoken to many people regarding PQ. I have spoken to people that have said dont waist your time trying to tell them about problems they dont listen they just gang up on you and put the blame on to anything else. Use are full of pish so use are never at your end always the user that is in the wrong. I have seen many a thread now people complaining about one thing or another and ViX doing nothing about it and blaming anything else.

Well thats me by with this image anyone else wanting a better picture quality and a team that's willing to help people and resolve issues then DO NOT GO WITH VIX!!!!!!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
total denial of any problem occuring theme from what I have seen.

I even said i would prove it there so why doesnt ViX give there bloody nonsense a by.

Today I have came across loads of threads with people talking about issues with ViX 2.3 crashing constantly on more than one manufacture of receiver, i have seen and spoken to many people regarding PQ. I have spoken to people that have said dont waist your time trying to tell them about problems they dont listen they just gang up on you and put the blame on to anything else. Use are full of pish so use are never at your end always the user that is in the wrong. I have seen many a thread now people complaining about one thing or another and ViX doing nothing about it and blaming anything else.

Well thats me by with this image anyone else wanting a better picture quality and a team that's willing to help people and resolve issues then DO NOT GO WITH VIX!!!!!!!!!

Lets get one thing straight here, any user posts here a GENUINE ISSUE, we do our utmost to help them! Just read through the countless posts on this forum here!

So the VIX Team now offering help is percieved as 'ganging up' is it?? As most issue threads have more than one of the team actually offering help! I give up, starting to wonder if this is really worth it!

We cannot account or be held accountable for user error, but we DO try to help them work out their issues and fix any bugs!

Any advice given to you in this thread has been dismissed my you!

Anyway goodbye, enjoy your new high quality HD image.
 
total denial of any problem occuring theme from what I have seen.

I even said i would prove it there so why doesnt ViX give there bloody nonsense a by.

Today I have came across loads of threads with people talking about issues with ViX 2.3 crashing constantly on more than one manufacture of receiver, i have seen and spoken to many people regarding PQ. I have spoken to people that have said dont waist your time trying to tell them about problems they dont listen they just gang up on you and put the blame on to anything else. Use are full of pish so use are never at your end always the user that is in the wrong. I have seen many a thread now people complaining about one thing or another and ViX doing nothing about it and blaming anything else.

Well thats me by with this image anyone else wanting a better picture quality and a team that's willing to help people and resolve issues then DO NOT GO WITH VIX!!!!!!!!!

no one is forcing you to use the image but when you make silly comments as above, can you really blame any one for being a little defensive ?.

As i have pointed out to you numerous times I do not own a Xtrend receiver and as such do not follow the development of the Xtrend images as closely as i maybe should but picture quality is a mix of the hardware of the receiver, the hardware drivers and your tv / personal input / settings. We are not fobbing you off we are trying to help you but you seem hell bent on slagging every one off who tries to help you. maybe it's time you just left it there and walked away ?.
 
No i am not slagging anyone off I raised a thread I was shot down I have been told numerous times to stop talking nonsense.

Look at my behaviour on any other forum have I went on this way on any other NO you know why because when posting a thread I have never ever been spoken to in this manner.

I have asked a simple question why on ViX image do i not need to run tests etc to get a good PQ? Use have not answered this question I am not talking nonsense I am not not blind I do not need to go to spec savers or whatever other abuse may come my way or has came my way.

The end of the day on my setup there is a difference in PQ it is poor on ViX but this is not the case on CT or HDF image.

No one has tried to help me. Sorry one member has which I used the thank button on but I found with that if I need to flash another image to then flash back ViX I may as well stay on the other image.

I am normally pretty much a calm guy but when right from the start of a thread all the way through it I am insulted I think I have every right to start getting annoyed.

Also I would agree that the development of the ViX image for ET series should be followed more.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No i am not slagging anyone off I raised a thread I was shot down I have been told numerous times to stop talking nonsense.

Well what do you expect when straight away you went blaming the image??

Look at my behaviour on any other forum have I went on this way on any other NO you know why because when posting a thread I have never ever been spoken to in this manner.

I have asked a simple question why on ViX image do i not need to run tests etc to get a good PQ? Use have not answered this question I am not talking nonsense I am not not blind I do not need to go to spec savers or whatever other abuse may come my way or has came my way.


Any help/advice offered to you by Rob and Maxwell you dismissed!

No one has tried to help me.

What exactly do you want us to offer here??

Thread closed.
 
The process of bug fixing and image development requires a lot of testing and involves a lot of trial and error, you may not see the need for such testing but it is a vital part of how images are developed and maintained. for example i have 3 Vu receivers and honestly i'm lucky if i get to watch a movie a week on any of them as i on average flash those receivers 10 times each per week.

for example yesterday andy released a new build 236 i believe but dont quote me on that, a few of our testers noticed that on this build some thing had gone wrong and they were no longer able to initialize USB sticks. Now although this was a relatively minor bug it meant a full rebuild of the image once the problem had been found which takes several hours, then we had to test that image again. every single image build needs extensive testing and i do mean every build.

If you want our help to diagnose and fix your problem fine we will help but dismissing our suggestions out of hand helps no one especially you.
 
Pheonix m8, theres a minority of users who aren't interested as to what goes on the background, they pure and simple dont appreciate the work and effort that goes into all this. Andy's countless hours coding at his pc through the night, countless beta builds etc.. hundreds of man hours testing. For instance the bug from yesterday I spent all afternoon and early evening with Andy to figure out where it had broken, I wonder now if it worth all the efforts. F**k me even the cost of running all this forum, our electricty bill's running build pc's and test receivers, our testing time. I'm asking myself whats it all for? Just to get told that we're ganging up on people when we try to help!

If any member here feels in any way that the VIX team has ganged up on them we apologise and please pm me direct and I will look into the matter :)
 
you'r not the only one mate.

for example I work any where from a minimum of 70 hrs a week to often over 100, then my spare time is spent flashing and testing various images on the receivers i have. Dont get me wrong i absolutely love this hobby and will do every thing i can to contribute, but at the cost of other things. example. I have passed up the entire winter shooting season this year but hey it's for the benefit of our users so i can live with it.

EDIT, in fact for a little information i passed up a promotion at work last week because it would have put a end to my involvement with the image, due to the time needed and nature of the work but hey.

@ gary if you want our help and your willing to take on board our suggestions then we will happily help you but if your not then it may be time you just went to another image.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top