Please pm me your Skype contact. Let's see what we can do together.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here are my notes and the two scripts I use (updater and builder).I have gone over the forums on this board and could not find any information on how we would do this, so are their any guides on this?
Hi Larry-G,
Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread.
I am one of the developers for the Beyonwiz T Series (T2, T3 and T4). I have created the OverlayHD skin and contribute other fixes and enhancements to the build.
We are currently working on a new firmware update that is takes significant input from the OpenVIX upstream feed update. Up until this recent work I was unaware that so much code came from OpenVIX. I would like to know how to go about contributing some of my code changes (fixes and enhancements) directly to OpenVIX.
I would also like to know if there is any chance that OpenVIX might release and host Beyonwiz builds. Such builds would allow Beyonwiz users to experience OpenVIX directly.
I welcome any guidance and advice you or others may care to offer.
Regards,
Ian.
I no longer have a Skype account after having some issues with Microsoft "accidentally" deleting my accounts. It is a long story but I won't be creating a new Skype account any time soon.Please pm me your Skype contact. Let's see what we can do together.
I remember you on the Beyonwiz forum and very much regret the poor treatment you were afforded.Sorry Ian buddy but I am no longer a part of the ViX team and as such there is nothing I can do to help you. In fact my involvement would be more a hindrance than a help. I cant even get these guys to change my password refresh time from 30 days to 90 let alone help setup a working relationship between developers.
I will say this though, I did try numerous times here and directly on the beyonwiz forum (my forum name would have been some thing like pheonix as thats the user name I used here at the time) to strike up a working relationship two years ago and no one from either side of the fence showed any particular interest in working together. (The beyonwiz guys were particularly hostile when ever I mentioned ViX)
I wish you good luck with your project and hope it has the outcome you desire.
i think we already build some of the beyondwiz machines, they are ini machines aren't they?


Hmmm... My (OpenVix) MBTwin has the same chipset, the same CPU, same core count and is running the same kernel version as the T3.
I think issues may arise in differences of the front panels and hence drivers used by the Beyonwiz. There are probably other driver issues that make uncalculated firmware swaps very risky.Hmmm... My (OpenVix) MBTwin has the same chipset, the same CPU, same core count and is running the same kernel version as the T3.
Hi Birdman,
I think issues may arise in differences of the front panels and hence drivers used by the Beyonwiz. There are probably other driver issues that make uncalculated firmware swaps very risky.
I know that OpenATV make daily builds for all the Beyonwiz models so the information must be out there.
Regards,
Ian.
My hope is we can identify the small differences and then a standard production of Beyonwiz images can become automatic.Yes that was the reason I was given when I first broached the idea of supporting the T3 two years ago.
PM Sent.@ISOz drop me a pm with your contact details.
Did you get enough contact information?Hi Sicilian,
PM Sent.
Regards,
Ian.
No problems. I thought my reply had been lost.Yes sorry, been side tracked trying to resolve other issues with our feeds server.