Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Any way to schedule re-scanning of channels ?

steveharman

New member
Joined
Mar 8, 2014
Messages
175
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
57
My Gigablue Quad is set to wake up in the small hours, download fresh EPG data & switch itself off again.

Is there a way I can achieve the same thing for running an automatic re-scan of channels? Even once a week might be handy to catch the various frequency changes etc.

Cheers,

Steve
 
I don't think that's what he means abu, I think he wants a way to run the Tuner scan from a timer and I don't think that is possible
 
I don't think that's what he means abu, I think he wants a way to run the Tuner scan from a timer and I don't think that is possible

You are correct! :-). Either using cron or some such mechanism.

Schedule a re-tune either each day at 4 in the morning or something (and then run ABM afterwards) to catch any channels that change frequency / move about.... Before my other half TELLS me that CBeebies "isn't working" etc. ;-)

Cheers,

Steve
 
Really? Even if say a channel changes it's frequency? I thought a re-tune would be needed....

Steve
 
ABM reads the chanenl data off the satellite, so it will keep your channel details up to date.
 
You are correct! :-). Either using cron or some such mechanism.

Schedule a re-tune either each day at 4 in the morning or something (and then run ABM afterwards) to catch any channels that change frequency / move about.... Before my other half TELLS me that CBeebies "isn't working" etc. ;-)

Cheers,

Steve
That's what ABM is for. There is no need to run a scan prior to using ABM it dies all the work it self and in a fraction of the time a regular scan would take.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top