Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Apollo 003 released

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i updated my boxs the read this thread :-) any chance you could add some code to show a update is avaible and when you go to update it it just shows a message advising a reflash is required for people who maynot login every day?
 
so i updated my boxs the read this thread :-) any chance you could add some code to show a update is avaible and when you go to update it it just shows a message advising a reflash is required for people who maynot login every day?

Such a addition to the image would not be a easy thing to do, plus we advise users about such things in multiple ways like the forum, by twitter and facebook etc, This is also the reason why we have been forcing users to fresh flash by renaming the image lately but users still complain about that, so we cant win no matter what we do.
 
I'm more interested to know why all of sudden this changes?Zeus-Helios-Apollo.....:confused:
 
I'm more interested to know why all of sudden this changes?Zeus-Helios-Apollo.....:confused:

If you actually read the release threads for those image revisions we explain exactly why.
 
Apollo 003 is being released.

Online updating is not possible.

Please make a settings backup using following process:


Download Apollo 003 and flash. After restart, you will be prompted to restore settings at first install wizard.

I have been meaning to report some "gaps" in the back-up process for a while - I hope you don't mind? Paths of some of the items in bold

root\etc - CCcam.cfg is backed up but not CCcam_0.cfg CCcam_1.cfg etc. for the selection of different CCcam providers via "Blue Button"

root\etc\enigma2 - no skin_user files are backed up.

root\usr\keys mg_cfg and newcamd.list are not included (oscam and for the most part cccam files are backed up)

root\usr\lib\enigma2\python\Components\Converter .py scripts that may be additional to the standard e.g. DMCHDCaidDisplay.py required for Novum family skins on feed are not backed up

I hope this helps. Perhaps this is by design? Thanks
 
Have update to apollo on TM-2T from helios. However, when I try media to get to networks the system crashes and reboot. Networks have been recognised, user name and password ok and saved. Helios was the same but I could get past the media button to the listed network. Both on Helios and Apollo I did a restore from Zeus backup. Maybe I should do a clean install. Any ideas? Thanks
 
I have been meaning to report some "gaps" in the back-up process for a while - I hope you don't mind? Paths of some of the items in bold


root\etc\enigma2 - no skin_user files are backed up.

SORRY - root\etc\enigma2 has now been included and am happy to report skin_user restore works fine with Apollo 003 - I don't think it did in Apollo 001! Other paths do not restore per my post.

Thanks
 
I used the VIX - Image Manager, press YELLOW for new downloads... downloaded Apollo 003 >>> flashed with built-in flash programme (didnt use usb and didnt have to get out of my seat once)... Vu+ Duo 2 did its usual backup prior to the flash... did a restore after reboot , restored settings from last backup from Apollo 001... restored plugins... updated picons found (not sure why it insists on backing everything up and rebooting again just for the picons, overkill)... and voila, all done... and all in the time in took to click my remote and drink a beer :)
 
Restoring settings worked for me the first time only.

The box crashed overnight so I tried the install again.

I have not been able to successfully restore settings (Apollo 001) with either 003 or 001 image.

First tried restoring settings and plugins.

Seemed to worked but just hangs on the final "Loading Please Wait...."

Same with just settings and not plugins, on 001 and 003.

Seems I must install 003 without restoring anything.
 
You can always manually restore: unzip the settings backup, stop E2 (telnet 'init 4'), FTP the files and start E2 ('init 3').
 
You can always manually restore: unzip the settings backup, stop E2 (telnet 'init 4'), FTP the files and start E2 ('init 3').

Thanks, Rob.

However, the backed-up settings do not seem to be the problem.

I did fresh install of 003 with no attempt at restoring settings.

Then needed to restart.

I now have the same problem of hanging at "Loading Please Wait........"

Perhaps its the hd swap file or something??

Best
 
Without logs impossible to tell.

I set swap file and then rebooted.

No problem.

I then restored settings and same problem.

I have a number of settings backups and they all give same problem.

The only time it worked was when I first did a new install of 003 and restored settings and plugins.

Since then, doing exactly the same with 001 OR 003, "Loading Please Wait.........."

Log file attached.

Thanks.

I've since tried a full backup install of Zeus from mid-May.

Hangs exactly the same.

"Loading Please Wait......"

Circles on display......
 

Attachments

Last edited:
Please start your own thread with issues. We'll move your existing posts.

We can't have one thread for all problems.
 
Hi. Downloaded latest image onto a VU Solo2 and majority of the HD channels are not working. They did work before updating Any help would be appreciated.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top