Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Apollo Build 015, all user's please read. Re-Flash required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the hard work on the new image:thumbsup: flashed my vusolo2 at midnight with no problems, i appreciate the unpaid work done on images:)
 
Great work Vix team this is the first Miraclebox build that has flashed and restored my backup and plugins with no problems :thumbsup:
 
Miraclebox Mini HD, using Apollo 015 onwards you now require a new bootloader.

1) Flash the bootloader HERE.
2) Once bootloader is flashed you can now flash Apollo 015 HERE
 
Glad I stuck to the old 808 on my 2 receivers. Rock solid. I know I will have to change someday....but until then.....Newest is not always best !!

Same here on old 808 won't change till I have to.
 
All ViX users,

Due to an OE-Alliance issue we're very sorry to have to advise that Apollo Build 015 once again require's a flash and settings backup restore.

Hi there,

at my last attempts of "couch-flashing" with build 008, 012 and 014 (download build 008/012/014 with Vix Image Manager and then restore this image and settings/plugins), my boxes are unfortunately stucked always by starting with rotating spinner "Vix". In this cases, only help was a complete newflash. :confused:

So my question is:

Is there any difference between "couch-flashing" and restore settings/plugins or flash an new Image with usb-stick and then restore settings/plugins?

Or possibly is there still something else I have to consider, when executing "couchflashing"?

Regards
 
i never restore anything and always set up from scratch, it doenst take that long really.
 
how do you update with imagemanager ? I download the file but what then ?
 
how do you update with imagemanager ? I download the file but what then ?
Highlight the image you want to flash and press the blue button (Restore).

Then wait for the box to flash and reboot, should take about two minutes.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
 
ok will try that next time.Did reflash by usb and worked perfect.Just removing the usb in the back is anoying but livable with.
 
I always use the Front USB port and never had a problem but like you say using the rear ones is rather a faf on
it would make them more accessible if they did not fit the HDMI plug right above them
 
for flashing I use the front usb also but have to remove the back usb stick with my picons and epg on it.It's removing and replacing on feeling but works fine in the end.
 
for flashing I use the front usb also but have to remove the back usb stick with my picons and epg on it.It's removing and replacing on feeling but works fine in the end.

Yes thats the correct procedure for when flashing with a USB stick as the receiver tried to read both at the same time, this can cause the flash to fail and in the worst case scenario if this happens mid flash it can kill the receiver. You should always remove all other USB devices except for the one containing the image files. when using the Image manager, you can leave the USB stick containing picons etc in place.
 
:thumbsup: flashing via the image manager - ftp, restore, restore settings, done :-)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top