Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Apollo Build 015, all user's please read. Re-Flash required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite simply I would like to reflash to Apollo, but there is a lot of conflicting information. If all is well with Ultimo-is all thanks to the hard work! :)
 
The only way to find out, is to flash. And with the backup-options we have, you'll be back on your actual image in no-time if you really want to.
 
The only way to find out, is to flash. And with the backup-options we have, you'll be back on your actual image in no-time if you really want to.

Yes, Rob, it's true, which I know very well, but the 3.0 is the best! :D Wish me luck with Apollo! :thumbsup:

Results will be soon! :)
 
I have been standing on Apollo 15! :)Guys, great job! :thumbsup:

Excellent speed and functionality! Although not restore all the plugins and need to adjust the OSD position,

everything works perfectly! :thumbsup:
 
Glad I stuck to the old 808 on my 2 receivers. Rock solid. I know I will have to change someday....but until then.....Newest is not always best !!

Same here on old 808 won't change till I have to.
I'm also still using 3.0 build 808 but not because it's rock solid but because it doesn't find any updates anymore.
My receiver has actually been worse for every day but I haven't got the time to look into why it's so unstable.
Until now, The issues I'm having are:
- frequent VIX spinner
- slow changing of channels
- loss of epg information/empty epg
- It reboots by itself occasionally

I did have the issue with poor capacitors in the power supply and the box didn't power up but I found a good guide here and replaced them, that problem solved, also cleaned the little dust from the unit and the fan then so I don't think it's overheating.

Today when I dropped in here and I haven't been here for several months I was a bit confused over the for me new images Apollo, Zeus, Helios... :confused:
I have tried to find an explanation if one or all of them are replacements for the 3.0 branch that seams to be discontinued.
Can anyone tell me what threads to read to get information about this or explain it here?
The 2.4 was working well except for HD channels and the upgrade to 3.0 solved the issue with HD channels that I watch a lot now so going back to 2.4 isn't an option for me.

My box is a Vu+Duo from 2010 with a 2TB Hitachi HDS722020ALA that is used to 88% (221,1G free) and I have a feeling that it gets slower when the disk gets more and more recordings...
and I have a 8GB Sandisk mounted as /media/sda1 for picon & crossepg

Code:
Filesystem                Size      Used Available Use% Mounted on
ubi0:rootfs             102.0M     83.2M     18.8M  82% /
devtmpfs                 67.5M      4.0K     67.4M   0% /dev
tmpfs                    64.0K         0     64.0K   0% /media
/dev/sda1                 1.8T      1.6T    221.1G  88% /media/hdd
/dev/sdb1                 7.4G    163.5M      7.3G   2% /media/sda1
tmpfs                    67.6M    388.0K     67.2M   1% /var/volatile

And I use Open Webif as remote control from my phone to swap channels from the bedroom at night.
So epg and possibility to swap channels from a different location is important to have.

for flashing I use the front usb also but have to remove the back usb stick with my picons and epg on it.It's removing and replacing on feeling but works fine in the end.
Why not use an Sandisk Cruser Fit or similar small stick, it will fit behind the closed front cover and you have to remove it to flash the unit.

Why the question mark?
In my case because I'm confused over the new images but with the good possibilities to backup and recover what I have now I will probably try it if I get some answers and after the Rally Cross in Belgium, MotoGP from Sachsenring and the Swedish Touring Car Championship this busy weekend!!
 
I'm also still using 3.0 build 808 but not because it's rock solid but because it doesn't find any updates anymore.

It won't. 3.0.x builds were discontinued almost 7 months ago & feeds removed.
Images are built quite often & you'll always find the latest release on http://openvix.co.uk
 
I have noticed that the feeds are gone and I know where to find the new releases and the change logs etc. but I'm missing the information on which step to take, which release shall I use, what's the difference?
 
I'd always use the latest release. If you can find the change logs, not sure what else you're looking for?
Maybe the flashing guides on the same download server might help?
 
I have noticed that the feeds are gone and I know where to find the new releases and the change logs etc. but I'm missing the information on which step to take, which release shall I use, what's the difference?

Apollo is the current image series.
 
Doing a fantastic job chaps. Very please with what you've done. My Ultimo works perfectly. Please carry on and keep up the hard work. I really appreciate the efforts you put in. Don't let the few decanting voices spoil it for the majority. I've seen many a fine project discontinued due to a few moaners. Never let that happen with VIX :nono:
 
Hear, hear +1 :)

Doing a fantastic job chaps. Very please with what you've done. My Ultimo works perfectly. Please carry on and keep up the hard work. I really appreciate the efforts you put in. Don't let the few decanting voices spoil it for the majority. I've seen many a fine project discontinued due to a few moaners. Never let that happen with VIX :nono:
 
i'll echo that.
Doing a fantastic job chaps. Very please with what you've done. My Ultimo works perfectly. Please carry on and keep up the hard work. I really appreciate the efforts you put in. Don't let the few decanting voices spoil it for the majority. I've seen many a fine project discontinued due to a few moaners. Never let that happen with VIX :nono:
 
Got a slight problem..... Restoring my backup usually goes well., but this time when I restore I'm getting a message that "feeds are down, try again later". How long will I have to wait? Is there a work around?
 
Got a slight problem..... Restoring my backup usually goes well., but this time when I restore I'm getting a message that "feeds are down, try again later". How long will I have to wait? Is there a work around?
You can enable unstable updates but is better to wait.Usually,feeds are down short for release new build:thumbsup:
 
If this is for the Solo2 then there is a problem we are looking into where the feeds did not build with the latest release.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top