Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

auto bouquets maker cannot read data

I had this issue too, got an updated list of the new transponder details for Dave HD etc and performed a manual service scan on it, not sure if I can post the site I got the list from here. Also did the same to get BBC RB HD for the tennis :cool: Just need to run autobouquet again to get them all sorted and DBedit to change the station name of BBC RB.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
abu it didn't say what setting failed it just stated that auto bouquets maker could not read data, got mates box showing full listings after scanning with sky Scotland instead of sky uk as well
 
Have you tried doing a full service scan to pick up the new transponders? I'm new to this but don't think a bouquet maker would tune in the new frequencies it would only pick up what is already there.
 
Have you tried doing a full service scan to pick up the new transponders? I'm new to this but don't think a bouquet maker would tune in the new frequencies it would only pick up what is already there.

You dont need to do any form of scan prior to running ABM. I never do my self.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
You dont need to do any form of scan prior to running ABM. I never do my self.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Will ABM tune in channels if the transponder has changed? Would save a bit of hassle if so.
 
Will ABM tune in channels if the transponder has changed? Would save a bit of hassle if so.

yes, thats exactly what it is designed for. ABM reads the data from the same feeds as a official sky receiver and builds its bouquets from that ( in under 2 minutes as well ).
 
yes, thats exactly what it is designed for. ABM reads the data from the same feeds as a official sky receiver and builds its bouquets from that ( in under 2 minutes as well ).

Cool I didn't realise it could do that, very handy to know, I thought it would be a bit time consuming to do manual scans or full service scans everytime a channel changed transponder. Is the built in ABM in Vix the best to use or is it worth downloading another?
 
There are Two versions.

ABM = AutoBouquetMaker.

This is built into the ViX image by drfault, it is produced, maintained and updated on this foruma part of the OE-Alliance.

AB = AutoBouquets.

This is the version produced and maintained by LraiZer of the Ukcvs forum. This version was the first and original plugin to do this kind of thing, ABM was based on this idea although none of the code in AB was used in ABM.

you can use either of these in the ViX image and both will allow you to do slightly different things depending upon your needs.
 
hi again , another mate phoned me who has same box saying channels missing , went to his done the same as other 2 boxes , set sky uk to no in providers and set Scotland sky to yes , all channels up and running , so its not image or box problems its scanning sky uk in autobouquets maker that seems to be problems,all the boxes in question are fixed and not motorised
 
Do you know which channels are missing?

Have you enabled freesat and set region?

What are all the settings you have? This will help replicate your issue and lead to a fix if possible.
 
abu yes channels that were missing are stated in earlier thread, freesat has been enabled and region set, as stated earlier this only happened a few days ago when going through listings and found there were some missing
before that it was working great
the settings I have now (all working ) in a b m providers freesat - yes sky Scotland - yes sky uk - no , scan works fine when providers are set to this,
when sky uk is set to yes it doesn't read data , fixed dish
 
hi again , another mate phoned me who has same box saying channels missing , went to his done the same as other 2 boxes , set sky uk to no in providers and set Scotland sky to yes , all channels up and running , so its not image or box problems its scanning sky uk in autobouquets maker that seems to be problems,all the boxes in question are fixed and not motorised


I have never used the sky Scotland option but always use freesat and sky uk and have not missed a singe channel yet, same is true for the two receivers i set up with sky Ireland for the Irish channels.
 
@DougieDuncan,
Many thanks for your post. However, to fix the issue the authors would need the "failed" settings so that they can replicate it.
 
Sorry if I was not clear, thete is no file etc. Please type exactly what the settings you used which do not work.

Someone can then set it up exactly as you did and hopefully encounter the same problem you did.
 
just to confirm all working on my box, just done a scan as i noticed a few were missing, i run a motorized and static usually have to switch the motor off while i do a uk & ireland scan and that works for me.
 
There are Two versions.

ABM = AutoBouquetMaker.

This is built into the ViX image by drfault, it is produced, maintained and updated on this foruma part of the OE-Alliance.

AB = AutoBouquets.

This is the version produced and maintained by LraiZer of the Ukcvs forum. This version was the first and original plugin to do this kind of thing, ABM was based on this idea although none of the code in AB was used in ABM.

you can use either of these in the ViX image and both will allow you to do slightly different things depending upon your needs.

Sorry guys if this is hijacking the thread somewhat but where can I get AB from? I looked through the plugin's that are available for download but couldn't see it there, does it have to be downloaded onto a PC then installed via FTP? If so is it available at the site mentioned above?
 
abu the settings I had were in autobouquets maker providers, sky uk enabled, free sat enabled , sky Ireland, enabled, now had these settings on the box since I got it and ran great and had abm to update daily, as I say checked listings and noticed channels missing so went into abm and tried to scan , but it stated cannot read data, so as topbuzz another member said was to try and scan sky Scotland , so I disabled sky uk and enabled sky Scotland and put my region in and it scanned all channels , im afraid that's all the settings that I know
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top