Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Mut@nt] HD51 Auto deepstandby

dfox

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2012
Messages
441
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
41
Evening,

For some reason I have set an auto deep standby after being in stanby for 10 mins but this doesnt seem to be putting the box into deep standby.

Anyone know what would be stopping this? I have no recordings set.

thanks
 
I have a similar/same timer where after 10 minutes in standby the box automatically then goes to deep standby. I've just checked it and it is still working on 5.1.019.
Extrend 10K
 
I have a similar/same timer where after 10 minutes in standby the box automatically then goes to deep standby. I've just checked it and it is still working on 5.1.019.
Extrend 10K

Update: Still working both with first putting the box into standby manually and then the power timer kicking in to put the box into deep standby and with a power timer putting the box into standby at 00:30am (plus the 2 minute count down) and then the second power timer putting the box into deep standby after 10 minutes.

To dfox
Go to the power timer list, highlight a power timer, press the info button on your remote and you should get a log of the operation of that power timer which can be posted to show what may have gone wrong. It may be better to press blue = clear log to clear the historic log information and let the timer run once again before posting the log for the one event.
 
Update: Still working both with first putting the box into standby manually and then the power timer kicking in to put the box into deep standby and with a power timer putting the box into standby at 00:30am (plus the 2 minute count down) and then the second power timer putting the box into deep standby after 10 minutes.

To dfox
Go to the power timer list, highlight a power timer, press the info button on your remote and you should get a log of the operation of that power timer which can be posted to show what may have gone wrong. It may be better to press blue = clear log to clear the historic log information and let the timer run once again before posting the log for the one event.

Thanks, it seems to work when on a Freesat channel but if it's a stream it doesn't.
 
you say it doesn't work on stream. are you using a specific plugin that downloads epg automatically? if so check these setting
 
Thanks, it seems to work when on a Freesat channel but if it's a stream it doesn't.
So you're saying that if you are watching a stream (or rather, not watching it but have left it running) the box will go into autostandby, but won't then go into autodeepstandby?
 
So you're saying that if you are watching a stream (or rather, not watching it but have left it running) the box will go into autostandby, but won't then go into autodeepstandby?
The code for AutoDeepStandby contains a comment (which is unusual, but I wrote it...):
# Check for there being any active Movie playback or IPTV channel
# or any streaming clients before going to Deep Standby.
I'll need to find out why the code that is there is there (but it should only apply if you aren't in StandBy).
 
Last edited:
The code for AutoDeepStandby contains a comment (which is unusual, but I wrote it...):
I'll need to find out why the code that is there is there (but it should only apply if you aren't in StandBy).

PLus check that there are no recordings in progress or about to start before going to Deep Standby I suppose.
 
Last edited:
The code for AutoDeepStandby contains a comment (which is unusual, but I wrote it...):
I'll need to find out why the code that is there is there (but it should only apply if you aren't in StandBy).
It seems to work for me.
AutoDeepStandby PowerTimer set for every 10mins, only if in Standby
Watch a stream (service ref starts with 4097: )
Put box into Standby.
~20 mins later box goes to AutoDeepStandby (probably missed the first 10min one because the hard0sisk hadn't yet spun down - my normal setting for ADS is 30mins).

< 919.355> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 116 POWER
< 919.355> [ActionMap] GlobalActions power_down
< 919.551> [eInputDeviceInit] 0 74 1
< 919.556> [InfoBarGenerics] KEY: 116 POWER
< 919.600> [Standby] enter standby
< 919.604> [eServiceMP3] stop http://......................../chunklist.m3u8
< 919.604> [eServiceMP3] stop state:PLAYING pending:VOID_PENDING ret:SUCCESS
< 919.705> [eServiceMP3] destruct!
< 919.823> [Skin] processing screen Standby:
< 919.826> [Skin] processing screen StandbySummary:
.....
< 2068.180> [InputHotplug] connectionLost? [Failure instance: Traceback (failure with no frames): <class 'twisted.internet.error.ConnectionLost'>: Connection to the other side was lost in a non-clean fashion: Connection lost.
]< 2068.180>
< 2068.189> dvb time sync disabled... so set RTC now to current linux time! 2018/03/11 13:42
< 2068.190> set wakeup time to 2018/03/11 19:52
 
Thanks, it seems to work when on a Freesat channel but if it's a stream it doesn't.
When you are watching a stream, does it ever put it into Standby?
Or are you putting it into Standby manually, but nothing further is happening?
 
When you are watching a stream, does it ever put it into Standby?
Or are you putting it into Standby manually, but nothing further is happening?

I am putting the box into standby manually, and have a timer set to go to auto deepstandby after 10 mins of being in standby but this doesn't work on a stream. Service reference for stream pals 5001, I'm sure before this was changed it worked. I'll change the reference to 4097 0r 1 and see if it fixes it
 
you say it doesn't work on stream. are you using a specific plugin that downloads epg automatically? if so check these setting

I am using EPG Importer for EPG.
 
PLus check that there are no recordings in progress or about to start before going to Deep Standby I suppose.

No recording set or about to start.
 
If I gave you a slightly modified version of [FONT=courier\ new]PowerTimer.py[/FONT] (that recorded why it wasn't going into DeepStandby) would you be able to run it?
 
If I gave you a slightly modified version of [FONT=courier\ new]PowerTimer.py[/FONT] (that recorded why it wasn't going into DeepStandby) would you be able to run it?

Sure, no problem
 
If I gave you a slightly modified version of [FONT=courier\ new]PowerTimer.py[/FONT] (that recorded why it wasn't going into DeepStandby) would you be able to run it?

Sure, no problem
 
Here's a debug version of [FONT=courier\ new]PowerTimer.py[/FONT]

View attachment PowerTimer.zip

This needs to go into /usr/lib/enigma2/python (take a copy of the PowerTimer.pyo which is already there, so you can put that back in place when you delete the [FONT=courier\ new]PowerTimer.py[/FONT] after testing).

You also need to enable debug logs (if you don't have them on) and restart the GUI (to bring the new code into use). Then wait until you think the box should have shutdown and look at the debug log.
It should contain entries that say why it has backed-off the shutdown, like this:
Code:
< 10628.704> [GML] ADS backoff - Clients streams active
< 11386.693> [GML] ADS backoff - Recording
< 12096.837> [GML] ADS backoff - Not in standby for auto
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top