Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Auto timer PROBLEMS

joysleep1

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2013
Messages
1,255
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
35
Hi Guys

I seem to be having issues with autotimer. So basically i set up an autotimer for one of those indian drama channels my mum watches. So i set this up a while ago and i basically pressed the blue button on the show i wanted to record and unticked the day because it comes Monday>Friday or Monday to Saturday i think. Cant remember exactly. Now it basically recorded every single time the show came on and it repeats like 5-6 times a day. Only one ne episode comes out every day. This clogs up my hardrive and occupies the tuner way too much. I do not mind it recording a repeat once or twice just in case the tuner fails or somebody cancels it by mistake.

So i deleted the autotimer and all the timers associated with it but every time i try set up the auto timer again it comes saying 0 timers added and does not show in the epg that the programme will be recorded.
i keep trying and it keeps saying 0 timers added.

Whats going on?

Thanks Guys
 
After deleting the autotimer, did you press green to save?

I'd reboot and try again. (Check that the old autotimer isn't still there or disabled.)
 
After deleting the autotimer, did you press green to save?

I'd reboot and try again. (Check that the old autotimer isn't still there or disabled.)

But i deleted the auto timer so many times then yes i saved it. I think i have restarted but it keeps saying 0 timers added. So frustrating
 
Is there anyway to set it to record only twice rather than the 6 or 7 times the episode repeats itself?
 
So this is getting really strange. Every time i set new times it keeps saying 0 timers added. Nothing is set to record?
What am i doing wrong?
 
It says for example found 2 matching events and 2 unchanged and then 0 timers added. Why does it do that when there it is a fresh autotimer that has not been used before?
 
Only one ne episode comes out every day

Is the new episode scheduled to show at a specific time each day? If the answer is yes, can you not just restrict the time at which the Autotimer will record, then you would only get one programme per day.

I've had some quirky things happen with Autotimers and haven't as yet put my finger on what exactly is happening. Will keep looking and let you know if I find the answer.
 
Hi there, I am also having some Autotimer issues with one of my Solo2 boxes, the wife wants to record Corronation St twice on a Monday, Wednesday & Friday. If I bring up the epg and select each event and try to add autotimer, there is no indication the timer is active on the epg for Monday's & Wednesday's shows but Friday's clearly indicates an autotimer has been programed. When checking the Autotimers from Menu, Timers, Autotimers they are all there but no recording occurs when the shows are broadcast apart from Friday's shows which do record. If I set one time recordings for the same programes these clearly show immediately as upcoming recording events in the epg and consequently all shows record correctly. I also have a Uno 4k running the same 5.1.030 build of Vix and I can set Autotimers up for all three days of Corrie and they work correctly. I have also checked the autotimer.xml file and when I delete these failed autotimer events they disappear from the file and there are no phantom instances of similar events in the file too. Can't get my head around why one off recordings work fine but these specific autotimers won't. I do have other autotimer events set up on this box which work fine, so I am puzzled.............
 
All I can say is that it worked ok for me when I just tried it (using 5.1.031), freeview.

Edit: Are there any disabled timers being created (at the end of the timers list)??
 
Last edited:
All I can say is that it worked ok for me when I just tried it (using 5.1.031), freeview.

Edit: Are there any disabled timers being created (at the end of the timers list)??

Not that I can see in the autotimer.xml file or Menu, Timers,Autotimers...................

As I said in my post, I also have a Uno 4K using Freesat the same as the Solo2 and I can set up the Autotimers for all three nights on that box, so you saying you can do it on your Freeview box adds nothing. This issue is obviously not an image problem affecting everyone, but a sympton that has developed. Can anyone explain what is different in the way an Autotimer is processed as oppose to a Single Event Timer because if I set up these recordings in this way they work fine....Spevs
 
Not that I can see in the autotimer.xml file or Menu, Timers,Autotimers

If there are any, they'll be in the timers list, not the autotimers list.
 
Ok I have checked the Timers list and no phantom entries in there. However, I have made a some progress, as I edited the working Friday AutoTimer so that it applies to weekdays and hey presto the epg now show Corrie AutoRecording on Mon, Wed & Fri. Don't know why this has worked but it has. Anyone have any ideas why.................Spevs
 
Autotimers, by default, are only setup for the day of the week the epg entry applies to.

The first dialogue box allows you to change this to be everyday, and you can also change this to be very specific days, weekends etc, further in the process.
 
Any ideas why this change has worked and why the idividual Monday - Wednesday automier would not........?
 
I had problems with an Autotimer that just wouldn't work. In desparation I setup a single timer which then showed on the epg. I have just deleted that single timer and setup up an Autotimer and unticked everything but the title and the channel. I also go the message about their being a white space at the end of the program. I answered yes to deleting the white space by pressing the green button and the Autotimer appears to have been setup correctly.

I am unsure if using the OK button to Yes response about the white space caused it to fail the first time or using the OK button to accept the Autotimer does cause it to fail.
 
As I mentioned in the other thread, I found that if trailing spaces are removed, an exact title match doesn't work.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top