Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Autobouquetmaker problem

can you do a clean fresh install and do not load the settings backup so you setup from scratch, I cant replicate your problem on any of my 3 boxes,
 
can you do a clean fresh install and do not load the settings backup so you setup from scratch, I cant replicate your problem on any of my 3 boxes,

Will do. As I said before I got the box pre-installed, can you point me to some instructions please?
 
What happens if you do an Automatic scan from the Service searching menu?
 
Right, this may start to make more sense now.

Flashed box to latest image, 007, but from download, via pen drive. (Thanks for the link).

Went through setup with no problem. Tuner B enabled - ABM fails, tuner B disabled - ABM works, exactly as it did before I went from 003 to 007 with the OTA upgrade. Basically back to the earlier post.

Auto scan works fine.

So the software now looks okay, is the tuner B hardware looking suspect again?
 
Do you get the same numer of channels if you auto scan on tuner b as you get on tuner a? Might be that tuner b is not switching to the correct frequency when ABM is starting the scan, or LNB is not recognising the switch request.
 
Okay, after a long and very boring test:

Tuner A enabled, tuner B disabled:

ABM (Sky England) 585 video, 61 audio

auto scan 487 channels

Swap cables:

ABM (Sky England) 585 video, 61 audio

auto scan 487 channels

Tuner B enabled, tuner A disabled:

ABM (Sky England) fails

auto scan 471 channels

Swap cables:

ABM (Sky England) fails

auto scan 471 channels

It looks to me like tuner B cannot access one or two transponders, including the one ABM uses.
 
You should be pulling in over 900 channels on a conventional scan. As each port from LNB is essentially a separate LNB, I would deduce your dish is misaligned. Are you able to test at another location?
 
Last edited:
471 is well low for the auto scan. I get 960 channels on an auto scan. Looks like the box it's either not switching horizontal / vertical polarisation (voltage switch) or low / high frequency (frequency switch).
 
Try the receiver on someone else's dish to see if the lnb is at fault.
 
i also get 960 channels but i have the same problem as i also get Timeout for tuner lock, but i am getting my full 7 day EPG on sky & freeview channels so i am not realy botherd
 
Well dammit, it looks like I've made a bit of a fool of myself. Switched to using my steerable dish and connected using tuner A followed by tuner B.

Both tuners auto scan 960 channels and again ABM works on both tuners, so it looks like I need to get my ladder and sat meter out, the box and software are fine - a result I am completely happy with.

I can only apologize to everyone who has tried to help, and thank you all too.

Cheers.
 
Nice one. With so many possible causes, it's not always obvious what the real problem is, so there's no harm in asking for help. Sounds like you got there in the end.
 
No need to apologise. You've not made a fool of yourself, quite the opposite actually.

Well done for not getting frustrated and following things through logically/systematically.
 
:) we have all been their its called a learning curve, and sometimes these little things are their to help us solve a problem, and sometimes the solution is so simple we wonder why we never thought of it before :confused: glad you finally got it sorted :thumbsup:
 
Result; replaced the sky LNB with a quality new one and 961 channels with the existing dish. When I feel like it I might replace the crappy sky dish one of these days.

Many thanks to all.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top