Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Autoresolution

Related to this.

Can you please login to the box while it is displaying to the 4k TV, run:
Code:
cat /proc/stb/video/videomode_choices
cat /proc/stb/video/videomode_preferred
then repeat this with the output going to a non-4k TV and post both results here,.

Not sure how I do this ... advise in dope text and I'll certainly try .. lol
 
Explain how to run those code lines and I'll do that for you.
You telnet into the box and run those two lines on the command line.

Mind you, I'm assuming that that you can only see the output on one TV at a time (for a 1080p signal). If you can actually see a picture on all of them at the same time it won't be of any relevance..
 
Yes if box set to 1080 then I can see pic on all sets. If 2160 then only on 4K TV in 4K and black screen 1080 TVS.
 
Still missing the point of the question.

If the box is outputting a 1080p signal, can you actually see this on more than one set at the same time, or do you have an HDMI switch somewhere that you have to use to direct it to one specific TV such that this is the only one with a picture?
 
I can see pic on ALL TVS athe same time when in 1080 mode ... I do not need to do anything as the HDMI splitter carries signal automatically.
I believe if we could add UHD modes of interlace and progressive to AR we would solve the issue ...
 
I can see pic on ALL TVS athe same time when in 1080 mode ... I do not need to do anything as the HDMI splitter carries signal automatically.
Thanks. Then there's no need to post the contents of thos efiles as they can't be reflecting the resolution capabilities of the currently attached TV (given that you have multiple, different ones).

I believe if we could add UHD modes of interlace and progressive to AR we would solve the issue ...
Yes, that keeps being said, but it just sounds so very wrong.

The problem arises on a 720p videostream. You should be wanting this to output as 720p, which has got absolutely nothing at all to do with UHD modes. Just because some other code produce a picture doesn't mean that this is happening for the right reason.
 
Okay .. no problem. Currently I've set box av to 1080 and it clears all resolutions at that scale ... like my previous Duo 2 until a solution for the 1280 mode.
All I know at present is when I use the VTI 11.11.o image then it all works fine .. even when box default is set at 2160? I still believe it's due to the extra UHD modes I mentioned previously?
Thanks for your help on this ... :thumbsup:
 
Hi,
Looking at this Autoresolution again ...

Is it possible to add a mode for 1280*720 broadcasts to the plugin? (i.e. for German ARD channels etc.) They broadcast in this standard and with there being no mode available to set as 1080P in the plugin my TV defaults to the 2160P default in the AV settings menu.
That's not what is happening.
The code can handle 1280x720. What is causing it grief is the 50Hz frame rate - the code only knows about 24 and (possibly) 25 for 720p.
I can add handling for 720p50 and map it to 720p. This worked for me. (I think I added 2160p handling too, but I can't test that).

Here's a modified version: View attachment OpenViX-AR-plugin.zip
You need to unzip this, place the resulting plugin.py file in the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoResolution directory and restart the GUI.
You might also want to take a copy of the plugin.pyo file in that directory first...so you can switch back easily if necessary.

However, I reckon this plug-in needs a complete re-think.
It should:
  • Pass on all resolution/frame-rates unchanged if that output exists.
  • If the resolution/frame-rate does not exist it should adjust them to ones that do.
  • Allow the user to specify what the maximum should be (to allow a user with a 2160p box to connect it to a 1080p TV -= as the sole output).
  • Allow the user to disable certain output combinations (an extension of the previous item).
 
Last edited:
That's not what is happening.
The code can handle 1280x720. What is causing it grief is the 50Hz frame rate - the code only knows about 24 and (possibly) 25 for 720p.
I can add handling for 720p50 and map it to 720p. This worked for me. (I think I added 2160p handling too, but I can't test that).

Here's a modified version: View attachment 52376
You need to unzip this, place the resulting plugin.py file in the /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoResolution directory and restart the GUI.
You might also want to take a copy of the plugin.pyo file in that directory first...so you can switch back easily if necessary.

However, I reckon this plug-in needs a complete re-think.
It should:
  • Pass on all resolution/frame-rates unchanged if that output exists.
  • If the resolution/frame-rate does not exist it should adjust them to ones that do.
  • Allow the user to specify what the maximum should be (to allow a user with a 2160p box to connect it to a 1080p TV -= as the sole output).
  • Allow the user to disable certain output combinations (an extension of the previous item).

Hi Birdman,
I'm afraid I cant get this to work?? I followed your instructions but after GUI restart the AutoResolution is GONE!!?? When I enter the Plugins Menu I'm met with the following message ... Some Plugins are not available: SystemPlugins/Autoresolution ('tuple' object has no attribute 'extend')

Sorry for hassle but I'm anxious to try your modifications!!

I TOTALLY agree with you that this plugin needs a re-think ... all the comments you make are very valid especially as I and many others probably now have a mix of screen resolutions with 4K and 1080P TV's ...
 
Hi Birdman,
I'm afraid I cant get this to work?? I followed your instructions but after GUI restart the AutoResolution is GONE!!?? When I enter the Plugins Menu I'm met with the following message ... Some Plugins are not available: SystemPlugins/Autoresolution ('tuple' object has no attribute 'extend')
Ah - that's is some 2160p code....I'll see what I can do.
 
This should(?) fix that problem.
The OpenPLi code had changed a tuple to an array so that it could be optionally extended. (I've just left it as a tuple and appended to it.)

View attachment 52382

HOORAH BIRDMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WORKS .... :thumbsup:

Thanks so very much ... my TV's auto change resolution as I hoped ... from 1080P on all SD/HD channels (including the 720P German HD Channels I'd mentioned way back) to 2160P on the UHD/4K channels ...!!

My AR settings are as follows if anyone else wishes to adapt the VIX/OBH AR thanks to Birdman ...

I've literally all my modes set to 1080P (max of my non 4K Panasonic TV's) EXCEPT for the NEW additional modes of UHD Interlace and UHD Progressive which are set to "default" for my 4K TV (i.e. 2160P in the AV Settings Menu)

Brilliant work Birdman .. very much appreciated ... I believe the AR plugin should be amended in the VIX/OBH GIT builds accordingly to adopt the new py file ... 0.29 onwards???

Thanks ... :D
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top