Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD+ PLUS] AutoTimer issue - again

leshay

New member
Joined
Sep 6, 2014
Messages
289
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Livingston, Scotland
Hi
Not going to be my year!

After the previous exception, I just used manual Timer setting, and then immediately encountered yet another anomaly.

Tried to set an AutoTimer on "New: Police Interceptors " - Thurs 20:00 Channel 5HD using box usual methods. (NOTE: the trailing space.)

After edit and confirm with green button, got a dialog 'Question - did I want to remove trailing space' - yes/no - tried yes - no joy - redid using no - still no joy. BTW: how on earth is the user expected to know which option to choose?Ended up doing it from WebIFand managed to set it up. Seems WebIF dealt with the trailing space itself and AutoTimer added OK.
 
After edit and confirm with green button, got a dialog 'Question - did I want to remove trailing space' - yes/no - tried yes - no joy - redid using no - still no joy. BTW: how on earth is the user expected to know which option to choose?
It does seem an odd option.
Either you are doing an exact match (when a trailing space isn't what you want at all) or you are doing a partial match, when a trailing space just forces the last word to be matched as a complete word rather than also as a prefix. Given that the latter is extremely unlikely to be what is desired.
Perhaps removing the option (and related code) totally would fix several problems at once?
 
Last edited:
Hi
Yet another - not much point in starting another thread is there!
This time, added an AutoTimer from WebIF - just as I have done with severalpreviously - this time, got an on screen message about AutoTimer.xml is corrupt (see attached).
When I checked the AutoTime.xml - it had a header but no body. When I cheked the AutoTimer.xml_old - it was a purely blank file.
Thank goodness I had already backed up AutoTimer.xml which got everything back once copied over.
Err.webp

How on earth do you delete images which are no longer needed in a post?
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top