Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

AX61 as backend - how to schedule recordings

h8usernames

New member
Joined
Jan 1, 2024
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello. I have an AX HD61 TWIN S2X running OpenVix. Due to cabling issues I have decided this box will only be backend, I'll play back recorded files via Kodi over the network.

Does anyone know a way, or have a suggestion how I can interact easiliy with the backend box to schedule recordings? Alternatively, do you suggest I install a different OS on the AX61 to facilitate this set up?

Thanks!
 
I have an et8000 with sat cables and hdd as a server , I have a Vu Zero no cables in Client mode from the et.

Having Samba and Nfs running on boxes i can mount all boxes and access all recordings on any box and all hard wired.

I have never set up my Vu Zero as a recorder and it does have a 2tb externally powered hdd.
 
Last edited:
Thanks Cactikid. I've also heard about something called openwebif that will give me a web-gui on the server (AX box). I haven't had time to look into that -- is it a plugin?
 
Thanks Cactikid. I've also heard about something called openwebif that will give me a web-gui on the server (AX box). I haven't had time to look into that -- is it a plugin?

Now inbuilt to OpenVix as standard

Find the IP of your box menu/information/network/IP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xx
Type the IP of your box into the address bar of your PCs internet browser

The Webif has and old and new interface which can be changed to suit your preferences
menu/plugins/OpenWeif

By default Webif doesn't need a password but that can be changed in the same menu as setting up the old/modern interface
Passwords have to be set in menu/setup/network/Password.
Passwords are case sensitive.
 
Thanks adm... I tried that actually, I get "Forbidden 403.6 IP address rejected". OH! I just probably figured out why that is. I have two LANs and this computer I'm on now is on the other one. Thus, I had to require password before it allowed my to come in from an IP not on the same LAN. For anyone else, the settings for this are in the plugins area.

Sweet!
 
On a related topic on the Enigma2 Client, I am trying to access recordings on my zGemma H7 box (running OpenVix 6.2) across my home network, from my Android box running KODI 21.2 with the Enigma2 PVR add-on. From the KODI box, I can stream the zGemma channels, see the timers and EPG, but I CANNOT see the Recording files. I even tried the same setup from a different KODI box, to the same zGemma box, but the same result!
To make it more interesting, I set 2 seperate timers on my KODI box to record 2 seperate programs on my zGemma box. I go to my zGemma box, and both are there and I can play them from there, no problem. From the KODI enigma2 'Timer tab", I can see that the recordings are 'completed" on the zGemma box. And I can see that the recordings have been completed on my zGemma box. But, when I go to the KODI enigma2 "Recordings tab", I cannot see any recordings on the zGemma box. I hope that muddle makes sense?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top