Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] BBC Red Button on VIX?

marcjens

New member
Joined
Sep 29, 2018
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Points
1
IS it possible to enable BBC Red Button service on VIX? i.e. watch current program from start etc?
There are some older posts suggesting it is not, but I had it on a 3rd party Freeview box on terrestrial so I am not sure it would be proprietary
THanks
 
If you are using ABM (AutoBouquetsMaker), this has a BBC Red Button by default.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
IS it possible to enable BBC Red Button service on VIX? i.e. watch current program from start etc?
There are some older posts suggesting it is not, but I had it on a 3rd party Freeview box on terrestrial so I am not sure it would be proprietary
THanks
Do you mean Red button BBC interactive service or something like timeshift where you can rewind a program you are currently watching?

There is no UK interactive service (red button) functionality on OpenVix

However the red button channel can be treated as any other channel. It has a 7 day EPG. If you use AutoBouquetMaker (ABM) to scan for Freesat or Freeview channels the red button channel (RB 1) will be automatically included in the Bouquet. You can watch and record this channel in the normal way. See scrrenshot.

red_button.webp

If you are referring to time-shifting where you can pause and rewind live TV then you need to have a hard disk (or maybe a largish USB memory stick) fitted to your box and then enable the option
Menu →setup → recordings, playback and timeshift → timeshift → Automatically start timeshift after = say, 10 seconds.
With this enabled the hard disk records what you are watching so you can then pause and scroll back through this recording. The recording buffer is cleared every time you change channels so you can only scroll back to the time that you changed channels. This feature also has advantage that if you were watching a program from the start and half way through you decided that you want to record it you will be given the option to record the whole program from the start

If however you mean the functionality on some Freeview receivers to seamlessly have an EPG that goes back into the past and say selecting a program that started 45 minutes in the past you can watch it then no, Open Vix doesn’t have this feature. On Freeview boxes that have this feature BBC programs that have a start time in the past are not obtained by over the air broadcasts but over the Internet by way of such services as Iplayer, in the case of the BBC.
 
Thanks for pointing me to the auto-record on timeshift!
Yes, I had meant starting a program from the start say 45 min in. So if I have to use iPlayer, what would you recommend as the best option for vix?
I have installed an iPlayer add-on for Kodi, and it is OK, though the interface is not as good as that from the free view box iPlayer app...
 
Hi Abu -- I had the e2iPlayer but all playback from it was jittery (there is a separate post on that somewhere else from another user) -- I could never get that fixed.
I'll try the TSMedia one, though!
THanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top