No need to spam the forum after you read the force read here! http://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?54691-OpenViX-build-4-2-022-Please-read!
How is it Spam, simply notifying others.
As for your link - I don't see the VU solo or Miracle Ultra nor the Micro listed there - perhaps the team should consider pulling the release for all effected boxes.
Thanks for your response anyway - I am trying to recover the boxes by refreshing and restoring which is a significant inconvenience especially with two boxes remote.
I think you should go an re-read the post! THERE ARE TWO ISSUES!
Oh sorry about the inconvenience for something that is provided free of charge![]()
OK - missed it then. As a general user the comms failed me - we have our boxes setup to detect a software update (stable feed) and we trigger an online update - shame that this capability has resulted in bricking 3 boxes - I will eventually get the boxes running however this is a major inconvenience.
however this is not the 1st time the upgrade process has let me down
I urge the team to think about the experience from us general users who are not experts.
'Innocent' users are the only people we care about, and think about all the time. And we always do our utmost to prevent accidents, hence our current separated test and public environment. But accidents do happen, no matter how careful drivers we are.I urge the team to think about the experience from us general users who are not experts.
So how do you manage that when there are more than 1 updates in a weeks time?
I always wait 7 seconds. But I always have settings and image backup handy (although I only have to use them very seldom).
Three options:
1- don't update. There is seldom a need to update.
2- go over there, update the box, have a chat and a beer.
3- flash (via Image manager) instead of updating. Could also go wrong, but is less likely to fail.