Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET10x00] Bootable image/ Upgrading Image

George Kildare

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2014
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Two stupid questions. Sorry if these are obvious and thanks to everyone who have made Openvix so good.

1. I can make a copy of my working image on my hard disk without problems, but I have forgotten how to make the copy on a bootable usb stick. Could someone help.

2. Upgrading the firmware. I used to be able to access the latest image versions from the Image Management section, but now if I press yellow nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Have the upgrade instructions changed?
 
Two stupid questions. Sorry if these are obvious and thanks to everyone who have made Openvix so good.

1. I can make a copy of my working image on my hard disk without problems, but I have forgotten how to make the copy on a bootable usb stick. Could someone help.

2. Upgrading the firmware. I used to be able to access the latest image versions from the Image Management section, but now if I press yellow nothing happens. Am I doing something wrong? Have the upgrade instructions changed?

Because of the image you are on, you need to download the image off the OpenViX website and either; a/ usb flash or b/couch flash by ftp’ing the ViX image to your receiver.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
First sorry for duplicating this thread. I had thought that the first version was never submitted, because I failed to enter my receiver type.

Very many thanks for the answers. I now have a bootable image backup on my usb stick and have upgraded to the latest image.

It would be nice if there was some text in the Image Manager that draws attention to the possibility of changing the storage location for the backup by pressing the menu button. It's so simple if you know how.

Also, the yellow button seems to give me access to the on-line images again. Much appreciated.
 
Just press Menu, you will get options.

That applies to almost all screens where "Menu" is shown
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top