Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Bought box first time, tried latest OpenViX and now stuck on 'Starting...'

Tried the 3.0-808 image but still does the same thing.

However, this time I'm not seeing a noisy screen, it's just black on HDMI.

Guessing the box is genuine in that case?
 
You always say this. lol. Vu+ Solo2 does not have a bootloader!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its true! I know I was stung on a duo, thought I would be clever and go cheap (ebay), rather than go to the sponsor, learnt my lesson. i know a few people who have bought of ebay and been stung , especially around the vu solo2 .

looking at the pictures it seems like a genuine box to me, and believe me I;ve seen a number of clones and can spot them miles away.

from what I remember, going back sometime, you had to flash bootloader, before flashing image . I suppose things change and that what happens when you don't keep up with the times
 
Have you tried different cables and also scart? Make sure power is disconnected from the tv and satellite receiver before doing anything.
 
Have you tried different cables and also scart? Make sure power is disconnected from the tv and satellite receiver before doing anything.

I have no doubt that the update wasn't successful and that it isn't the output connection.

I don't see the Checking USB, UBIFS Update, Finished, Reboot in X messages during the flash process so it's just hanging probably with no image to load.

My scart leads are long gone with the old TV lol so can't test with scart unfortunately. Tried the phono leads earlier which gave no screen output too.
 
Is it connected to your network and can you figure out what IP number it gets? (look into your router, DHCP leases).
If it has an IP number, try it in your browser to see if you get the WebIF interface.
 
The box usually would connect to a TP-LINK Powerline Adapter which doesn't display as a connected device on the router for some reason.

Connecting the box directly into the VM Superhub 2ac still shows no connection. Can't see a matching MAC address on there. Guessing it's not booting past the internet connection stage.

Light seems to be a constant green with the orange light flashing meaning signals going through I guess.

So to answer the question, I can't get into the WebIF interface :(
 
Last edited:
Would trying the rear USB ports for flashing cause any harm? Thinking of giving those a shot if they help.
 
Would trying the rear USB ports for flashing cause any harm? Thinking of giving those a shot if they help.
Rear ports and nothing else connected would be worth trying.
Also providing that a usb stick is formatted correctly, I have never had one fail (and I know that is not typical) and I have used some pretty crappy sticks including one that comes apart but still works:)
 
Size of USB will not affect the flashing process. If it read it you should be fine.

Try with the HDD disconnected.

Use the HP toolbox format and than try with nothing connected
 
We have lift off!! :thumbsup:

So it was the USB I was using. 64GB I think was too much to handle.

My 16GB Cruzer Blade arrived today and voila, the image I originally tried (Openvix 3.2.037) and it worked a charm!

Already whizzing through setting up OpenViX, Blue HD skin and AutoBouqetsMaker.

Lesson learnt: Don't use larger USBs than advised. It's mentioned for a reason! lol.

Thanks for the help guys, appreciate it!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top