Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Box crashes when accessing movies - can't reconfigure

Boojieben

New member
Joined
Feb 4, 2014
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
41
Hi all,

I've been playing around trying to get my unit working with my NAS. Through lots of trial and error I got it working and I changed the network mount type and replaced the hard drive for a thumb drive for timeshift and a swap file.
I think I must have messed up the points because when ever I try to access movies my box immediately crashes. Normally I would press yellow on the movie menu to change the path of the movies but the box crashed before I can do this.
Is there a way I can change this path using FTP or Telnet? I don't want to reflash and lose a lot of the config I have done. I've tried to undo what I did but nothing works.
Log file attached.
Cheers in advance guys.
 

Attachments

Stop Enigma2 from running with telnet command "init 4"
Ensure at least 10 seconds has elapsed for E2 to fianlise its' saves etc.
Navigate to /etc/enigma2/ and locate the file called "settings"
Using a linux compatible editor, such as Notepad++, edit the settings file. Remove the line beginning with
"config.usage.last_movie_played"
Save and transfer back
Restart Enigma2 with telnet command "init 3"

If you think the movie directories are at fault and are happy with re-adding them, you can also remove/edit that entry
config.movielist.videodirs=

You must not edit the settings file while E2 is running as it will save what is in memory at shutdown/restart.
 
Last edited:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top