Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

box is freezing constantly/won't start from standby

Fair point. Will give it a go, along with changing the usb stick to be thorough!
 
EPG will be fine on a internal HDD as it's stored in live memory and only read from or written to at bootup and shutdown. I would not however store the EPG on the internal flash as the EPG can easily become corrupted and eat up all the space on the flash to the point where you have to do a full flash as the box will become non responsive or go into a bootloop. picons on the other hand are fine on the flash but i personally always store EPG and picons on a USB stick along with my daily backups, crash logs and debug logs.
 
Indeed, so once again (although the forum has now been filled with this very same advise over and over): EPG to HDD will never let a HDD spin up (for the reasons Pheonix explained again above).
Picons on the other hand do: they should never go to a HDD (it even slows down zapping considerably). Picons are fine in flash (my favourite) or USB, but not on HDD.
 
Thanks for the clarity Pheonix. In fairness I've seen alot of info/contradiction for the epg on usb/HDD debate but I appreciate the responses Rob considering it has been discussed alot on the forums. Still I'd like to return to what I mentioned about the morning crashes (same as op). This morning my box was responsive for the first time since 2.4 and all I did was enable power manager and force a reboot. Coincidence?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top