Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[Venton Unibox HDx] BSOD after panic button pressen and pressing history bask

BoxFreak

Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2014
Messages
123
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
Finland
This is a bug that has been there for long time, but now I have an idea what might cause it. The settings are so that the "panic button" is enabled and history is set not to pop up list but change channel. Now this is what I think happens.
When the (0) panic button is pressed it empties the history (ViX spins fo a moment) and if you do not change the channel but press the history back button it causes BSOD. So it looks like it cannot handle an situation were history list is totally empty correctly. Crash log attached View attachment enigma2_crash_1416641942.log
 
I tried to reproduce this on several boxes, all on build 090, but I couldn't.
On pressing the history button nothing happens (so this is expected behaviour).
 
Not sure; nothing has been changed in this area for a long time. So most likely something to do with the setup of your box or plugins used.
 
EPG Refresh and Oscam are the only plugins (Besides the Magic-NightHD skin) I use. Dont see how any of those (except maybe the skin) could cause this speciffic crash (there was not any encrypted channels even in history, when crashed). For me this happens every time, so easily reproachable... Could it be something to do with the box (Venton HD3 drivers) then?
 
Not likely that those plugins are the culprit, and the skin isn't for sure.
So best to reflash your box; first without restore, if that works fine than do a restore.
 
I did refash with build 90. Did not install any plugins, used default skin. Did an channel search and created an favourites list. Set the history behaviour to just zap. Put the setting to use just one favourite channel list and set the startup channel as the first channel in favourites list. Did some channel changes within the list and pressed 0 -> crash immediately. Logs and debug attached. Hopefully now you can find the cause. View attachment logs.zip
 
I tried to reproduce and could not either.

Please backup your channel list and upload.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top