Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Build 473 HbbTV applications - Crash

stick50jr

ViX Beta Tester ,
Joined
Sep 18, 2010
Messages
708
Reaction score
4
Points
18
Location
AUSTRALIA
After upgrading to Build 473, I downloaded the hbbtv plugin from the feeds.
After a restart, I noted that the Opera Web Browser was available in plugins list.
I also noted new entries in the 'extension menu' (ie blue button):
Browser Start/Stop, HbbTV Applications
When I selected the latter, the system crashed, Ref: 1354438996.88
Logs have been emailed.

I'm not familiar with HbbTV and possibly I needed to do some configuration or setting up before selecting the HbbTV Applications? I had similar problems on previous builds but did not save the logs as I have now in this build.
 
Last edited:
im having the exact same issues whenever i press HbbTV Applications my vu crashes hence i had to uninstall
 
Just read your report. Although you'll probably not want to hear this, the only thing I can say is that it works fine her (also on 473).
Answering your question: no, no setup is required.
However, there's one flaw atm (which doesn't cause a crash): please copy the bookmark.ini from /usr/local/hbb-browser/home to etc/enigma2 (make sure that the browser is closed before doing so).
 
Just read your report. Although you'll probably not want to hear this, the only thing I can say is that it works fine her (also on 473).
Answering your question: no, no setup is required.
However, there's one flaw atm (which doesn't cause a crash): please copy the bookmark.ini from /usr/local/hbb-browser/home to etc/enigma2 (make sure that the browser is closed before doing so).

Took your advice and put a copy of bookmark.ini into etc/enigma2 with attribute 777. The Opera Browser seems to work but the bookmarks contained within the file don't seem to be available within Opera. I did a restart but still the bookmarks did not appear within Opera.

Still the HbbTV Applications within 'extensions menu' continues to cause a crash. I guess I'll uninstall until it can be looked at.

cheers
 
Opera won't start (Build 473) due to Bookmarks.ini

Hi Guys,

Been trying HBB TV and it was working fairly well (although I had some issues at the start). Anyway, upgraded to Build 473 and Opera wouldn't start. However, the problem is the Bookmarks.ini file I copied as per a previous post (from /usr/local/hbb-browser/home to etc/enigma2). If I remove it from etc/enigma2 everything works reasonably well. If the file is in etc/enigma2 then Opera won't start. I've tried numerous restarts which have made no difference, so I've removed the bookmarks.ini file from etc/enigma 2 for the time being.

GAH
 
Took your advice and put a copy of bookmark.ini into etc/enigma2 with attribute 777. The Opera Browser seems to work but the bookmarks contained within the file don't seem to be available within Opera. I did a restart but still the bookmarks did not appear within Opera.

Still the HbbTV Applications within 'extensions menu' continues to cause a crash. I guess I'll uninstall until it can be looked at.

cheers

You need to rename it
Code:
hbbtv_bookmark.ini

Dont know why it crashes..cant see the log here.(so append it here to see what error it shows)

But her it works okay

I suggest last try to remove the hbbtv plugin and start from scratch.
 
Hi Guys,

Been trying HBB TV and it was working fairly well (although I had some issues at the start). Anyway, upgraded to Build 473 and Opera wouldn't start. However, the problem is the Bookmarks.ini file I copied as per a previous post (from /usr/local/hbb-browser/home to etc/enigma2). If I remove it from etc/enigma2 everything works reasonably well. If the file is in etc/enigma2 then Opera won't start. I've tried numerous restarts which have made no difference, so I've removed the bookmarks.ini file from etc/enigma 2 for the time being.

GAH
You need to rename it...
Code:
hbbtv_bookmark.ini
or



the first time you enter bookmarks it create the file, but to then view the new bookmarks you have to leave the screen and re-enter it.
 
Last edited:
Okay,

copied bookmarks.ini to hbbtv_bookmark.ini in etc\enigma2 but this also caused a crash.
then I noticed that bookmarks.ini and the hbbtv_bookmark.ini are a different format.
edited the bookmarks.ini file to have same format as hbbtv_bookmark.ini and placed this in etc\enigma2
now the extra bookmarks show up within Opera:)

So Opera seems to work (as it previously did without the extra bookmarks).

However, the HbbTV Applications within 'extensions menu' still causes a crash (as per emailed logs referenced in previous post):confused:

I've attached these logs in case they went astray
View attachment enigma2_crash_1354437460.log
View attachment Enigma2-02-12-2012_18-07-58.log
 
Okay,

copied bookmarks.ini to hbbtv_bookmark.ini in etc\enigma2 but this also caused a crash.
then I noticed that bookmarks.ini and the hbbtv_bookmark.ini are a different format.
edited the bookmarks.ini file to have same format as hbbtv_bookmark.ini and placed this in etc\enigma2
now the extra bookmarks show up within Opera:)

So Opera seems to work (as it previously did without the extra bookmarks).

However, the HbbTV Applications within 'extensions menu' still causes a crash (as per emailed logs referenced in previous post):confused:

I've attached these logs in case they went astray
View attachment 21539
View attachment 21540

tweaked code for next update.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top