Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Build my own Vix image

Just a quick question regarding feeds.

I built a release version of ViX 6.1 and uploaded the feeds to my own server but I'm only getting picons and settings in the plugin downloads.

I then built a developer version without feeds and it's the same.

Should the developer version have the feeds already online?

I followed the build instructions here:

2022-03-23_191627.webp
 
Just a quick question regarding feeds.

I built a release version of ViX 6.1 and uploaded the feeds to my own server but I'm only getting picons and settings in the plugin downloads.

I then built a developer version without feeds and it's the same.

Should the developer version have the feeds already online?

I followed the build instructions here:

View attachment 63549

So your feeds are built in your build directory, but in /meta-oe/conf/distro/openvix.conf, the feeds point to openvix(see below) so you need to change to whereever you decide to keep them.
Huevos sets a link to where they are built on the PC, I change it to my NAS (but have to move the feeds there after building)
DISTRO_FEED_URI ?= "${@bb.utils.contains("DISTRO_TYPE", "release", "http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/${DISTRO_TYPE}/${DISTRO_VERSION}/${MACHINE}" , "http://openvixdev.satellites-xml.org/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/${DISTRO_TYPE}/${DISTRO_VERSION}/${MACHINE}", d)}"

When you flash the image, the feeds are in /etc/opkg so you can change the 4 or 5 files to point to your actual built feeds, but thats usually last resort, much easier to change them in the conf file
 
Last edited:
Just a quick question regarding feeds.

I built a release version of ViX 6.1 and uploaded the feeds to my own server but I'm only getting picons and settings in the plugin downloads.

I then built a developer version without feeds and it's the same.

Should the developer version have the feeds already online?

I followed the build instructions here:

View attachment 63549
What does this mean? "and uploaded the feeds to my own server". Have you updated the feeds URI to reflect that location?
 
This is from my site.conf

Code:
DISTRO_FEED_URI = "http://willobuild.net/files/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/${DISTRO_TYPE}/${DISTRO_VERSION}/${MACHINE}"

2022-03-23_201528.webp

The 6.1 directory was originally in release but I moved it to developer to test it.

I just left the developer build with default feeds expecting that they would be on the vix server.
 
Last edited:
This is from my site.conf

Code:
DISTRO_FEED_URI = "http://willobuild.net/files/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/${DISTRO_TYPE}/${DISTRO_VERSION}/${MACHINE}"

View attachment 63551

The 6.1 directory was originally in release but I moved it to developer to test it.

I just left the developer build with default feeds expecting that they would be on the vix server.

Code:
DISTRO_FEED_URI = "http://willobuild.net/files/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/${DISTRO_TYPE}/${DISTRO_VERSION}/[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]${MACHINE}[/COLOR][/B]"

You are missing the MACHINE folder from your file path.
 
I'm an idiot! Sometimes can't see the wood for the trees. All working now thank you :thumbsup:
 
FYI it appears to me that since you have an SSL certificate for willobuild.net you could if you wished make your image fetch it's feeds using HTTPS if you wished:
Code:
DISTRO_FEED_URI = "http[COLOR="#FF0000"]s[/COLOR]://willobuild.net/files/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/${DISTRO_TYPE}/${DISTRO_VERSION}/${MACHINE}"
well it works on my Zgemma H7S anyway.
 
Test post.
Testing why my posts mysetiously vanish.
Sorry for any problem caused by having to read this.
 
Am I now invisible?
Why won't my posts appear in this thread?
 
Tried a build Today and am getting a new error

Code:
ERROR: Variable BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE has been renamed to BB_ENV_PASSTHROUGH_ADDITIONS
ERROR: Variable BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE from the shell environment has been renamed to BB_ENV_PASSTHROUGH_ADDITIONS
ERROR: Exiting to allow enviroment variables to be corrected

Is this something that I need to fix or do I wait for an update to come through?
 
Tried a build Today and am getting a new error

Code:
ERROR: Variable BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE has been renamed to BB_ENV_PASSTHROUGH_ADDITIONS
ERROR: Variable BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE from the shell environment has been renamed to BB_ENV_PASSTHROUGH_ADDITIONS
ERROR: Exiting to allow enviroment variables to be corrected

Is this something that I need to fix or do I wait for an update to come through?

I had to re clone the OE-A, not seen any other way round, there might be, but ....... just lots of changes in last 24 hours to every component.
 
If your env.source already exists, just edit that from BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE to BB_ENV_PASSTHROUGH_ADDITIONS. That's all i did, followed by a make update.
 
Problem reading page 36, I'm posting to see what happens.
 
I'm getting the taskhash mismatch error again, this time in the enigma-info.bb It does build the image but I prefer to complete without errors

Is there an easy way of clearing this, last time I deleted everything and started from scratch.

After googling, I tried this but it failed to clear the problem

Code:
bitbake -c cleansstate -b enigma-info.bb
 
Woohoo, thread fixed.

Try this suggestion by dpeddi

do_install[vardepsexclude] += " DATE DATETIME IMAGE_BUILD MACHINEBUILD BUILD_VERSION DEVELOPER_BUILD_VERSION"
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top