Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Build my own Vix image

So we add that to the beginning of the problem .bb file?
I've had taskhash mismatch errors on a variety of packages in the past.
Seems to happen (not always, but when I've seen it this is what has happened - I think) when something in the build fails and a fix is applied (by me - locally). At that point restarting the build may cause something (not the package that failed the first time) to report a taskhash error.
 
Why are you lot bothered about this? It's not as if it is stopping the build.

In that recipe the build number changes the PR:
Code:
PR = "${@bb.utils.contains_any("DISTRO_NAME", "openvix openbh", "${IMAGE_BUILD}", "r${DATE}-${MACHINEBUILD}", d)}"

Changing the PR forces a full rebuild.

Recipe contains this:
Code:
do_install[nostamp] = "1"

That forces a rebuild of do_install irrespective of the PR (interim build).

Which would work fine but someone decided the date needed to be added to the output, which causes the hash mismatch to show on any build where the PR is not updated.
 
Why are you lot bothered about this? It's not as if it is stopping the build.
My personal vote would be for all builds to run with not even warnings (It's how I run my own code store).
This means that any time there is a report of anything in the build I know there is something that needs to be looked at and changed so that the message goes away.

...Which would work fine but someone decided the date needed to be added to the output, which causes the hash mismatch to show on any build where the PR is not updated.
So that's a bug in the build config.
 
My personal vote would be for all builds to run with not even warnings (It's how I run my own code store).
This means that any time there is a report of anything in the build I know there is something that needs to be looked at and changed so that the message goes away.

So that's a bug in the build config.

If it is bothering you please fix it.
 
I haven't built an image for over a year so I'm a bit rusty.

My release build keeps failing with this error:

ERROR: Task (/home/willo/ViX/build-enviroment/meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/recipes-distros/openvix/image/openvix-core.bb:do_install) failed with exit code '1'

View attachment bitbake-cookerdaemon.log

Also my oe-alliance-feeds.bbappend file doesn't work any more and says something about wrong encoding? I had to change it to txt to upload it.

View attachment oe-alliance-feeds-bbappend.txt

I had to create my build environment from ATV 7.3 because it wouldn't work using the ViX instructions with a fail about gcc-8 I think it was.
I don't know if the build instructions need amending?

Code:
ATV

sudo apt-get install -y autoconf automake bison bzip2 chrpath coreutils cpio curl cvs debianutils default-jre default-jre-headless diffstat flex g++ gawk gcc gcc-12 gcc-multilib g++-multilib gettext git git-core gzip help2man info iputils-ping java-common libc6-dev libegl1-mesa libglib2.0-dev libncurses5-dev libperl4-corelibs-perl libproc-processtable-perl libsdl1.2-dev libserf-dev libtool libxml2-utils make ncurses-bin patch perl pkg-config psmisc python3 python3-git python3-jinja2 python3-pexpect python3-pip python-setuptools qemu quilt socat sshpass subversion tar texi2html texinfo unzip wget xsltproc xterm xz-utils zip zlib1g-dev zstd fakeroot lz4


VIX

sudo apt-get install -y autoconf automake bison bzip2 chrpath coreutils cpio curl cvs debianutils default-jre default-jre-headless diffstat flex g++ gawk gcc gcc-8 gcc-multilib g++-multilib gettext git git-core gzip help2man info iputils-ping java-common libc6-dev libegl1-mesa libglib2.0-dev libncurses5-dev libperl4-corelibs-perl libproc-processtable-perl libsdl1.2-dev libserf-dev libtool libxml2-utils make ncurses-bin patch perl pkg-config psmisc python3 python3-git python3-jinja2 python3-pexpect python3-pip python-setuptools qemu quilt socat sshpass subversion tar texi2html texinfo unzip wget xsltproc xterm xz-utils zip zlib1g-dev zstd
 
Change the underscores to colons

From:
RRECOMMENDS_${PN}_append

To:
RRECOMMENDS:${PN}:append
 
Thanks, that's sorted the bbappend problem :thumbsup:

Anyone have any idea why the build is failing with this error? openvix-core.bb:do_install) failed with exit code '1'
 
Thanks, that's sorted the bbappend problem :thumbsup:

Anyone have any idea why the build is failing with this error? openvix-core.bb:do_install) failed with exit code '1'

You have not posted the log or do.install script so no idea.

Try clean the recipe and run again.

Code:
cd /home/willo/ViX/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/developer/vuuno4k
. env.source
bitbake -c clean openvix-core
bitbake openvix-core

If it fails post the log for that recipe.
 
FWIW the build fails completely on Ubuntu 23.04, as it requires the very old and unsupported python2 and python2.7, but neither is in Ubuntu any longer.

Code:
[FONT=monospace][COLOR=#ff5454][B]ERROR[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#b21818]The following required tools (as specified by HOSTTOOLS) appear to be unavailable in PATH, please install them in order to proceed:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#b21818]  python2 python2.7[/COLOR]
make: *** [Makefile:1027: image] Error 1[/FONT]

Plus the old chestnut of people writing scripts with bash-specific syntax and asking sh to run it....
 
Last edited:
@birdman
ATV are using Ubuntu 22.03 to build from 5.3 branch. They normally lead with the OE-A branch work. If you have fixes that are backward compatible with older Ubuntu that other teams/people are using, please feel free to submit pull requests.
 
FWIW the build fails completely on Ubuntu 23.04, as it requires the very old and unsupported python2 and python2.7, but neither is in Ubuntu any longer.

Code:
[FONT=monospace][COLOR=#ff5454][B]ERROR[/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]: [/COLOR][COLOR=#b21818]The following required tools (as specified by HOSTTOOLS) appear to be unavailable in PATH, please install them in order to proceed:[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#b21818]  python2 python2.7[/COLOR]
make: *** [Makefile:1027: image] Error 1[/FONT]

Plus the old chestnut of people writing scripts with bash-specific syntax and asking sh to run it....
The builds on 5.2, 5.3 run fine on the Ubuntu LTS versions ...... don't expect changes because you have jumped to an interim version (23.04).
The only package that I am aware of that requires python2 support is hbbtv for the gigablue and meta-python2 has been added for that.
 
The builds on 5.2, 5.3 run fine on the Ubuntu LTS versions ...... don't expect changes because you have jumped to an interim version (23.04).
But they'll need to make them at some point, which is all I'm saying.
The only package that I am aware of that requires python2 support is hbbtv for the gigablue and meta-python2 has been added for that.
I've edited out the requirement to see how it goes.
It's failed on yahoo-weather - something to do with xmlpo, which sounds familiar....
 
Last edited:
Seems as though OE is shooting itself in the foot here.

The git source actually mentions python, not python2. the change is made in a do_configure:prepend function in the *.bb file. But this same *.bb file also requires conf/python/python3-compileall.inc!

et-portal has the same (also for xml2po.py).

I'll try a build with that function removed.

EDIT: That seems to fix it. I'll submit a PR somewhere....
 
Last edited:
You have not posted the log or do.install script so no idea.

Try clean the recipe and run again.

Code:
cd /home/willo/ViX/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/developer/vuuno4k
. env.source
bitbake -c clean openvix-core
bitbake openvix-core

If it fails post the log for that recipe.

I've just run a build and get the same error. I've tried the clean and bitbake build. Here is the log.do_install, is that the one you need
 

Attachments

You have not posted the log or do.install script so no idea.

Try clean the recipe and run again.

Code:
cd /home/willo/ViX/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/developer/vuuno4k
. env.source
bitbake -c clean openvix-core
bitbake openvix-core

If it fails post the log for that recipe.

I've run the commands to clean the recipe and this is the log after running it. I'm not sure where to locate do.install?

View attachment bitbake-cookerdaemon.log
 
Seems as though OE is shooting itself in the foot here.

The git source actually mentions python, not python2.....
et-portal has the same (also for xml2po.py).

I'll try a build with that function removed.

EDIT: That seems to fix it. I'll submit a PR somewhere....

In fact changing the function to set python3 makes more sense, as that will be there (python may not).

This python/python3 also applies to data/Makefile.am in OpenVix enigma2.

One other oddity I've come across is that rust requires valgrind at the install stage (but it's not on the HOSTTOOLS required list)!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top