But why is bitbake trying to disable the network?Ubuntu are unlikely to fix it, as they say its a security issue and not their problem
.. with this change it all works cleanly
You can also just add a file into /etc/sysctl.d to set this on every boot.This command must be entered after every restart of the build PC....
sudo sysctl -w kernel.apparmor_restrict_unprivileged_userns=0
So because of the pain, I went through with Ubuntu 24.04 (because of this crap system for installing additions) I use Linux Mint (24.04) for my work PC - BUT for building I am using the latest Ubuntu 24.04 and there is an issue introduced by the latest update, which is in our OpenViX README
Ubuntu are unlikely to fix it, as they say its a security issue and not their problem
.. with this change it all works cleanly
5. Disable apparmor profile
Currently due to this Ubuntu/bitbake issue..https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apparmor/+bug/2056555
This command must be entered after every restart of the build PC....
sudo sysctl -w kernel.apparmor_restrict_unprivileged_userns=0
https://medium.com/@girishbhasinofficial/configuring-a-script-to-run-at-startup-on-ubuntu-22-04-ffe1f3e649d1
Could that command be added as a systemd or cron job, or something like what is described here -Code:https://medium.com/@girishbhasinofficial/configuring-a-script-to-run-at-startup-on-ubuntu-22-04-ffe1f3e649d1

ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing /home/briang/oe-a-5.4/build-enviroment/meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/recipes-distros/openvix/softcams/enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-emu.bb
I'm currently getting loads of error messages when I try and build a developer image.
Starts with two warning then:
Have I broken something or is everyone getting this?Code:ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing /home/briang/oe-a-5.4/build-enviroment/meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/recipes-distros/openvix/softcams/enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-emu.bb
I'm currently getting loads of error messages when I try and build a developer image.
Starts with two warning then:
Have I broken something or is everyone getting this?Code:ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing /home/briang/oe-a-5.4/build-enviroment/meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/recipes-distros/openvix/softcams/enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-emu.bb

For you I will update, thought I was only one building on 5.5I build from the 5.5 branch which is not yet updated. Copying and pasting the source url from the OpenPLi fix allowed the image to build. I assume the cams work.
diff --git a/oscam-emu.inc b/oscam-emu.inc
index a6ef459..6d5d5c3 100644
--- a/oscam-emu.inc
+++ b/oscam-emu.inc
@@ -3,7 +3,7 @@ SUMMARY:${PN} = "OSCam-emu ${PKGV}"
DESCRIPTION:${PN} = "OSCam Open Source Softcam\n \
- with emu support"
-SRC_URI="git://github.com/oscam-emu/oscam-patched.git;protocol=https;branch=master"
+SRC_ORIGIN ?= "git://git.streamboard.tv/common/oscam.git;protocol=https;branch=master"
CAMNAME = "oscam-emu"
First thing to try is clean the recipe and try again.
Clean the recipe.It was a fresh GIT clone and build, so nothing to clean
I think the OP means that of you do a clean git download and it fails to build with an error in the config files, then there is something wrong in the git repository.Clean the recipe.
I think the OP means that of you do a clean git download and it fails to build with an error in the config files, then there is something wrong in the git repository.
Although it works OK for me (same base-files version).
Can't see the line causing the error though (it's running a perl command...)
I had triedor should I be using a different command?Code:MACHINE=zgemmah9twinse DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=developer make clean
cd /home/openvix/5.5/builds/openvix/edeveloper/vuultimo4k
. env.source
bitbake -c clean enigma2
bitbake enigma2
bitbake -c cleansstate enigma2
bitbake -c clean enigma2-plugins-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker