Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Build my own Vix image

Is it worth updating Ubuntu from 22.04LTS to 24.04LTS? I remember seeing some people with issues when the 24 first came out, are these now resolved?
 
So because of the pain, I went through with Ubuntu 24.04 (because of this crap system for installing additions) I use Linux Mint (24.04) for my work PC - BUT for building I am using the latest Ubuntu 24.04 and there is an issue introduced by the latest update, which is in our OpenViX README
Ubuntu are unlikely to fix it, as they say its a security issue and not their problem
.. with this change it all works cleanly

5. Disable apparmor profile
Currently due to this Ubuntu/bitbake issue..https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apparmor/+bug/2056555
This command must be entered after every restart of the build PC....

sudo sysctl -w kernel.apparmor_restrict_unprivileged_userns=0
 
Ubuntu are unlikely to fix it, as they say its a security issue and not their problem
.. with this change it all works cleanly
But why is bitbake trying to disable the network?
I just commented out the code in bitbake....(which gives no clue as to why it is trying to do it).
 
Last edited:
This command must be entered after every restart of the build PC....

sudo sysctl -w kernel.apparmor_restrict_unprivileged_userns=0
You can also just add a file into /etc/sysctl.d to set this on every boot.
 
So because of the pain, I went through with Ubuntu 24.04 (because of this crap system for installing additions) I use Linux Mint (24.04) for my work PC - BUT for building I am using the latest Ubuntu 24.04 and there is an issue introduced by the latest update, which is in our OpenViX README
Ubuntu are unlikely to fix it, as they say its a security issue and not their problem
.. with this change it all works cleanly

5. Disable apparmor profile
Currently due to this Ubuntu/bitbake issue..https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apparmor/+bug/2056555
This command must be entered after every restart of the build PC....

sudo sysctl -w kernel.apparmor_restrict_unprivileged_userns=0

Could that command be added as a systemd or cron job, or something like what is described here -
Code:
https://medium.com/@girishbhasinofficial/configuring-a-script-to-run-at-startup-on-ubuntu-22-04-ffe1f3e649d1
 
Could that command be added as a systemd or cron job, or something like what is described here -
Code:
https://medium.com/@girishbhasinofficial/configuring-a-script-to-run-at-startup-on-ubuntu-22-04-ffe1f3e649d1

Yes, I am sure you could do that - I have it setup on my desktop and just execute it on boot up
once done ubuntu is OK.

If you look at the report there is a way described to fix this issue……but I am hopeful that the bitbake guys will fix

…but building is fine once done.
 
Last edited:
I'm currently getting loads of error messages when I try and build a developer image.
Starts with two warning then:
Code:
ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing /home/briang/oe-a-5.4/build-enviroment/meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/recipes-distros/openvix/softcams/enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-emu.bb
Have I broken something or is everyone getting this?
 
I'm currently getting loads of error messages when I try and build a developer image.
Starts with two warning then:
Code:
ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing /home/briang/oe-a-5.4/build-enviroment/meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/recipes-distros/openvix/softcams/enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-emu.bb
Have I broken something or is everyone getting this?

It is going to be fixed. Maybe tomorrow. The repo for that recipe has been deleted.
 
I'm currently getting loads of error messages when I try and build a developer image.
Starts with two warning then:
Code:
ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing /home/briang/oe-a-5.4/build-enviroment/meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/recipes-distros/openvix/softcams/enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam-emu.bb
Have I broken something or is everyone getting this?

hopefully now fixed
 
I build from the 5.5 branch which is not yet updated. Copying and pasting the source url from the OpenPLi fix allowed the image to build. I assume the cams work.

diff --git a/oscam-emu.inc b/oscam-emu.inc
index a6ef459..6d5d5c3 100644
--- a/oscam-emu.inc
+++ b/oscam-emu.inc
@@ -3,7 +3,7 @@ SUMMARY:${PN} = "OSCam-emu ${PKGV}"
DESCRIPTION:${PN} = "OSCam Open Source Softcam\n \
- with emu support"

-SRC_URI="git://github.com/oscam-emu/oscam-patched.git;protocol=https;branch=master"
+SRC_ORIGIN ?= "git://git.streamboard.tv/common/oscam.git;protocol=https;branch=master"

CAMNAME = "oscam-emu"
 
I build from the 5.5 branch which is not yet updated. Copying and pasting the source url from the OpenPLi fix allowed the image to build. I assume the cams work.

diff --git a/oscam-emu.inc b/oscam-emu.inc
index a6ef459..6d5d5c3 100644
--- a/oscam-emu.inc
+++ b/oscam-emu.inc
@@ -3,7 +3,7 @@ SUMMARY:${PN} = "OSCam-emu ${PKGV}"
DESCRIPTION:${PN} = "OSCam Open Source Softcam\n \
- with emu support"

-SRC_URI="git://github.com/oscam-emu/oscam-patched.git;protocol=https;branch=master"
+SRC_ORIGIN ?= "git://git.streamboard.tv/common/oscam.git;protocol=https;branch=master"

CAMNAME = "oscam-emu"
For you I will update, thought I was only one building on 5.5
 
Using Ubuntu 24.04 LTS and building on the OE 5.5, I have successfully built a Vuultimo4k image but Zgemma images are failing at the base-files_3.0.14.bb:do_install stage

I have attached the cooker log and the do_install log, hopefully that is enough to help someone diagnose the problem
 

Attachments

Clean the recipe.
I think the OP means that of you do a clean git download and it fails to build with an error in the config files, then there is something wrong in the git repository.

Although it works OK for me (same base-files version).
Can't see the line causing the error though (it's running a perl command...)
 
Last edited:
I think the OP means that of you do a clean git download and it fails to build with an error in the config files, then there is something wrong in the git repository.

Although it works OK for me (same base-files version).
Can't see the line causing the error though (it's running a perl command...)

Well that is not a fact. When I build 60 boxes fresh sometimes some of them fail. Then clean the recipe that stops the build and then they are ok. Cleaning the recipe is always the first thing to try.
 
I had tried
Code:
MACHINE=zgemmah9twinse DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=developer make clean
or should I be using a different command?
 
I had tried
Code:
MACHINE=zgemmah9twinse DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=developer make clean
or should I be using a different command?

??? you have to clean the recipe that failed.

e.g. if I was building vuultimo4k and enigma.bb fails I would do this:
Code:
cd /home/openvix/5.5/builds/openvix/edeveloper/vuultimo4k
. env.source
bitbake -c clean enigma2

Then to make sure that recipe does build now:
Code:
bitbake enigma2

Sometimes it is also needed to clean the cache:
Code:
bitbake -c cleansstate enigma2

If it is a different recipe just use the name of that recipe instead:
Code:
bitbake -c clean enigma2-plugins-systemplugins-autobouquetsmaker
 
OK, tried both the clean and cleansstate and building the base-files still fails with the same errors
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top