Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Build my own Vix image

I keep getting build failed errors suddenly.
It mentions libbluray in the error message.
I've tried multiple times just in case it's a site down or something but no luck.
 

Attachments

I keep getting build failed errors suddenly.
It mentions libbluray in the error message.
I've tried multiple times just in case it's a site down or something but no luck.

have you moved your sources folder recently? I seem to remember that there are some symbolic links formed when this library is built.... I had a similar issue way back with this library but was able to work out what was missing
You might have to delete it from your sources and get it to be re-fetched and the source files then re-built during the build..
 
Last edited:
have you moved your sources folder recently? I seem to remember that there are some symbolic links formed when this library is built.... I had a similar issue way back with this library but was able to work out what was missing
You might have to delete it from your sources and get it to be re-fetched and the source files then re-built during the build..

Spot on as usual :thumbsup: I'd created a new folder to build in and just copied the sources and site.conf over.
Back up and running now thanks :D
 
I started to get a failure last night, similar lib errors. It mentions libs from git.videolan.org looking at their site, they are moving to code.videolan.org could that be the problem?

Code:
ERROR: libudfread-1.0.0+gitAUTOINC+131629921c-r0 do_fetch: Fetcher failure for URL: 'git://git.videolan.org/libudfread.git;branch=master;protocol=git'. Unable to fetch URL from any source.

I did try a make-update and even deleted everything and started again but the problem persists
 

Attachments

Last edited:
As a follow up, I reported an issue on the OE-Alliance Git and they have updated the URL. I'll try another build later
 
Failed build error again. I haven't changed my sources folder this time :)
But the actual error is in a different log file:

ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/u52/tmp/work/u52-oe-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/qtbase-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+82eb6aa08e-r0/temp/log.do_compile.6590
 
I would run a "make update" and then try an image build again.
 
I'll try again although I always do that before starting the build.

I suppose you have checked the freespace on the device?! Its not unknown to run out of space on these repeated builds.
 
Failed again with the same error. 288Gb free space.

I may try starting from scratch again later on but got to go out now.
 
Found it. Had to zip it because it doesn't have a .log extension.
The problem(s) are:

/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/u52/tmp/work/u52-oe-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/qtbase-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+82eb6aa08e-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/8.2.0/ld: .obj/moc_customsqlmodel.o: file not recognized: file truncated
/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/u52/tmp/work/u52-oe-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/qtbase-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+82eb6aa08e-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/8.2.0/ld: .obj/moc_stickman.o: file not recognized: file truncated
/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/u52/tmp/work/u52-oe-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/qtbase-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+82eb6aa08e-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/8.2.0/ld: .obj/xbelwriter.o: file not recognized: file truncated
/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/u52/tmp/work/u52-oe-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/qtbase-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+82eb6aa08e-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/8.2.0/ld: .obj/submarine.o: file not recognized: file truncated
/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/u52/tmp/work/u52-oe-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/qtbase-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+82eb6aa08e-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/8.2.0/ld: .obj/moc_window.o: file not recognized: file truncated
/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/u52/tmp/work/u52-oe-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/qtbase-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+82eb6aa08e-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/8.2.0/ld: .obj/metainfo.o: file not recognized: file truncated
/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/u52/tmp/work/u52-oe-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/qtbase-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+82eb6aa08e-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/8.2.0/ld: .obj/tst_qmetatype.o: file not recognized: file truncated
/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/u52/tmp/work/u52-oe-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/qtbase-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+82eb6aa08e-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/8.2.0/ld: .obj/tst_qdbusinterface.o: file not recognized: file truncated
/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/u52/tmp/work/u52-oe-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/qtbase-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+82eb6aa08e-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/8.2.0/ld: .obj/tst_qdbusmetatype.o: file not recognized: file truncated
/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/u52/tmp/work/u52-oe-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/qtbase-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+82eb6aa08e-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/8.2.0/ld: .obj/main.o: file not recognized: file truncated
/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/u52/tmp/work/u52-oe-linux-gnueabi/qtbase/qtbase-5.9.8+gitAUTOINC+82eb6aa08e-r0/recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/../../libexec/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-oe-linux-gnueabi/8.2.0/ld: .obj/tst_qimagewriter.o: file not recognized: file truncated
No idea on a solution.
 
Still no luck I'm afraid.
I've started from scratch and Mipsel and Arm7 images build fine but the Dinobot 4K+ build still fails with the same error message.
I also tried to build an image for the SF8008 and that also fails with the same error message.
Could it be because they are more modern processors?
 
I build sf8008 regularly - although on OE-A 4.4 and I am sure Dinobot 4K would build as well (just haven‘t done it for a while)
Maybe the QT source files are corrupted - you should probably delete from your sources file and try again
 
I'd say the sources are corrupted too. I just built the SF8008 image a few minutes ago without problems.
 
I'll give it a go after work, thanks guys :thumbsup:

I take it that the Arm7 and Mipsel boxes don't use the qt sources?
 
Last edited:
I'll give it a go after work, thanks guys :thumbsup:

I take it that the Arm7 and Mipsel boxes don't use the qt sources?
Some Arm boxes do - some don‘t and it maybe different library/versions when they do, compared to the HiSilicon boxes
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top