Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Build my own Vix image

I installed ubuntu-16.04.1-desktop-i386 and used these commands in terminal:

#1 - Install packages on your buildserver
sudo apt-get install -y autoconf automake bison bzip2 curl cvs diffstat flex g++ gawk gcc gettext git-core gzip help2man ncurses-bin ncurses-dev libc6-dev libtool make texinfo patch perl pkg-config subversion tar texi2html wget zlib1g-dev chrpath libxml2-utils xsltproc libglib2.0-dev python-setuptools zip info coreutils diffstat chrpath libproc-processtable-perl libperl4-corelibs-perl sshpass default-jre default-jre-headless java-common libserf-dev qemu quilt libssl-dev

That list has a lot of differences to the one mentioned here...

Hate to point to another image! .. but have a look at the bottom half of this page
https://github.com/openatv/enigma2

In the git change from OpenATV to Openvix and away you go.

I've just had a play, and a number (loads) of packages on both lists must have failed for one reason or another. eg gcc-8

Sorry, I've not kept any logs, I was just testing Ubuntu on a usb stick, it worked fine, but somehow corrupted windows searching when I rebooted to windows 10.
I had copied one file from the windows filesystem to Ubuntu, surely if Ubuntu lets me do it there shouldn't be a problem?
I had to restore a backup image to get it working again.
 
I'm still getting build errors and whatever I do, I can't get past an error building qemu-native, even the do-it doesn't compile it.

I've even got a new SSD and installed Ubuntu 20 from scratch and just added the 4.4 build environment. Tried release and developer images for the vuultimo4k and the zgemmah7, all fails at the same point. I did notice several warnings for unable to get checksum file, but that's usual. I'll have another go after the Weekend in case there is a down depositary. It's more likely just me doing something stupid though.
 

Attachments

That list has a lot of differences to the one mentioned here...

That was the cause of my issues. I then updated to Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS and followed the insructions here:

https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/blob/ca408186ba05adc77d84933e189d6a1e636ee011/README.md

Then made sure I had gcc-8 by following the instructions here:

https://askubuntu.com/questions/1028601/install-gcc-8-only-on-ubuntu-18-04

I've managed to build 5 OpenViX 5.4.000 release images now.

So to make a developer image is it just a matter of changing 'release' to 'developer' in the script?

MACHINE=zgemmah9combo DISTRO=openatv DISTRO_TYPE=release make image

... and what difference is there?
 
Building on 20.04 LTS (which is 2-years newer....and has been out for a few months) also works fine.

That's what I was using, I'll try again when time/the weather permits.
 
... but I fell flat on my face at the first hurdle. :)

This is were I get to, running 20.04 from a usb stick, absolutely bog standard.

Code:
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install -y autoconf automake bison bzip2 chrpath coreutils cpio curl cvs debianutils default-jre default-jre-headless diffstat flex g++ gawk gcc gcc-8 gettext git git-core gzip help2man info iputils-ping java-common libc6-dev libegl1-mesa libglib2.0-dev libncurses5-dev libperl4-corelibs-perl libproc-processtable-perl libsdl1.2-dev libserf-dev libtool libxml2-utils make ncurses-bin patch perl pkg-config psmisc python3 python3-git python3-jinja2 python3-pexpect python3-pip python-setuptools qemu quilt socat sshpass subversion tar texi2html texinfo unzip wget xsltproc xterm xz-utils zip zlib1g-dev
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'git' instead of 'git-core'
Package xterm is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package quilt is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package python3-pip is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package subversion is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

Package texinfo is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source
However the following packages replace it:
  install-info info

Package qemu is not available, but is referred to by another package.
This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
is only available from another source

E: Unable to locate package chrpath
E: Unable to locate package cvs
E: Unable to locate package gcc-8
E: Unable to locate package help2man
E: Unable to locate package libegl1-mesa
E: Unable to locate package libproc-processtable-perl
E: Unable to locate package libsdl1.2-dev
E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'libsdl1.2-dev'
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'libsdl1.2-dev'
E: Unable to locate package libserf-dev
E: Unable to locate package python3-git
E: Package 'python3-pip' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package python-setuptools
E: Package 'qemu' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'quilt' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package sshpass
E: Package 'subversion' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package texi2html
E: Package 'texinfo' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'xterm' has no installation candidate
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$

Even had to post on here using Firefox/Ubuntu because I couldn't save the text anywhere.:smiley_yup:
 
Last edited:
Looks like it can't install the required packages due to them being in use in the portable system. If you have a spare HDD or SSD, try installing on that. I've managed to get all the pre-requisites done, except for the
Code:
Use update-alternatives for having gcc redirected automatically to gcc-8
as It appears to be already set. I've also completed the step detailed in here -
Code:
https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/issues/1780

The builds (openvix and openatv, ZGemma H7 and Vu+ Ultimo4k) start but always bug out with errors, even after several re-runs, so I'm guessing a depository is offline and I'll try again after the weekend
 
Yes - the stick is mounted read-only, the internal hd is mounted as /media/ubuntu/....... and will be why I can save files in the home directory, but not on the stick.

I'd have thought that the error messages (or lack of) would have indicated that the filesystem was read-only??
 
Yes - the stick is mounted read-only, the internal hd is mounted as /media/ubuntu/....... and will be why I can save files in the home directory, but not on the stick.

I'd have thought that the error messages (or lack of) would have indicated that the filesystem was read-only??

Yes, to stop you changing system files on the stick
 
Well whatever I try and after multiple build attempts using the -k (keep going) argument, there are 3 components that don't build for the ZGemma H7

Summary: 3 tasks failed:
/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu-native_4.1.0.bb:do_compile
/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-support/boost/boost_1.71.0.bb:do_compile
/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/meta-qt5/recipes-qt/qt5/qtbase_git.bb:do_compile

For the Vu+ Ultimo4k, it's just the qemu-native that fails

@CCS have you managed to complete a build or at least do qemu-native
 
... this is where I'm stuck (about 3 minutes ago)....

Code:
| /home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/et10000/tmp/hosttools/ld.bfd: linux-user/syscall.o: in function `do_syscall':
| /home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/et10000/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/qemu-native/qemu-native-3.0.0-r0/qemu-3.0.0/linux-user/syscall.c:8526: undefined reference to `stime'
| collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
| make[1]: *** [Makefile:199: qemu-i386] Error 1
| make: *** [Makefile:481: subdir-i386-linux-user] Error 2
| ERROR: oe_runmake failed
| WARNING: /home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/et10000/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/qemu-native/qemu-native-3.0.0-r0/temp/run.do_compile.834121:1 exit 1 from 'exit 1'
| ERROR: Function failed: do_compile (log file is located at /home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/et10000/tmp/work/x86_64-linux/qemu-native/qemu-native-3.0.0-r0/temp/log.do_compile.834121)
ERROR: Task (virtual:native:/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu_3.0.0.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 1167 tasks of which 1009 didn't need to be rerun and 1 failed.

Summary: 1 task failed:
  virtual:native:/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/openembedded-core/meta/recipes-devtools/qemu/qemu_3.0.0.bb:do_compile
Summary: There was 1 WARNING message shown.
Summary: There were 2 ERROR messages shown, returning a non-zero exit code.
make: *** [Makefile:1029: image] Error 1


Different qemu_3.0.0 to your's. ET10000

tmp/work/x86_64-linux/qemu-native/qemu-native-3.0.0-r0/qemu-3.0.0/linux-user/syscall.c:8526: undefined reference to `stime'

Code:
Selecting previously unselected package qemu.
Preparing to unpack .../152-qemu_1%3a4.2-3ubuntu6.3_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking qemu (1:4.2-3ubuntu6.3) ...

Setting up libpcrecpp0v5:amd64 (2:8.39-12build1) ...
Setting up qemu (1:4.2-3ubuntu6.3) ...
Setting up libglib2.0-dev-bin (2.64.3-1~ubuntu20.04.1) ...
 
Last edited:
I've built a release build for the H7 successfully (openvix-5.4.000.release-zgemmah7_usb)
 
I get the same
Code:
undefined reference to `stime'

@ Willo3092 was your qemu already compiled? I managed to complete a build for the Ultimo4k a few Days ago but since doing a clean Ubuntu install and redownloading the build environment, I can't get that compiled for any image. I'm now wondering if a recent update broke that.
 
Maybe related......

Glibc 2.31 porting notes/stime removal
From the release notes:

* The obsolete function stime is no longer available to newly linked
binaries, and its declaration has been removed from <time.h>.
Programs that set the system time should use clock_settime instead.
Also note something which you may want to fix while in the area:

* We plan to remove the obsolete function ftime, and the header
<sys/timeb.h>, in a future version of glibc. In this release, the
header still exists but calling ftime will cause a compiler warning.
All programs should use gettimeofday or clock_gettime instead.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top