Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Build my own Vix image

And I've now tracked down whence it comes!!

e2openplugin-OpenWebif/plugin/httpserver.py
A "fix" would be to add a comment at the start of OpenWebif/pluginshook.src saying that it might be symlinked from WebInterface/WebChilds/Toplevel.py, then when you look at that file you'll know that it is intentional and done by OpenWebif.

And do something to stop the error message at Plugin start-up (just as something was done to stop it being "cleaned-up").
 
So the whole "plugin" is created by OpenWebIf... and...

"/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/WebInterface/WebChilds/Toplevel.py"

is just a symlink (not a real file) that leads to...

"/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/OpenWebif/pluginshook.src"
 
A "fix" would be to add a comment at the start of OpenWebif/pluginshook.src saying that it might be symlinked from WebInterface/WebChilds/Toplevel.py, then when you look at that file you'll know that it is intentional and done by OpenWebif.

And do something to stop the error message at Plugin start-up (just as something was done to stop it being "cleaned-up").
So this is part one...
https://github.com/E2OpenPlugins/e2...mmit/12b56cd4fa11992beefa95aeed52ab777c9a0bf4
 
Just a heads up, I've upgraded my Linux box to Ubuntu 21.10 and needed to install lz4 to get the build to work
 
I would imagine for any box

Code:
sudo apt-get install lz4
 
I would imagine for any box

Code:
sudo apt-get install lz4

Just that Huevos has been forced to build on 21.04 and he apparently didn‘t have to install it - so thats why I was interested in knowing when/where it broke - there is another issue on 21.04 which he is fixing box by box - so you may hit other problems
 
Just that Huevos has been forced to build on 21.04 and he apparently didn‘t have to install it - so thats why I was interested in knowing when/where it broke - there is another issue on 21.04 which he is fixing box by box - so you may hit other problems

I must have forgotten installing it... but it is present.

Code:
vix@ns3044876:~$ dpkg -s lz4
Package: lz4
Status: install ok installed
Priority: optional
Section: utils
Installed-Size: 230
Maintainer: Ubuntu Developers <[email protected]>
Architecture: amd64
Multi-Arch: foreign
Version: 1.9.3-1ubuntu0.1
Replaces: liblz4-tool (<< 1.8.0-1)
Provides: liblz4-tool
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.33), liblz4-1 (= 1.9.3-1ubuntu0.1)
Conflicts: liblz4-tool (<< 1.8.0-1)
Description: Fast LZ compression algorithm library - tool
 LZ4 is a very fast lossless compression algorithm, providing compression speed
 at 400 MB/s per core, scalable with multi-cores CPU. It also features an
 extremely fast decoder, with speed in multiple GB/s per core, typically
 reaching RAM speed limits on multi-core systems.
 .
 This package contains files that is tool using liblz4.
Homepage: https://github.com/Cyan4973/lz4
Original-Maintainer: Nobuhiro Iwamatsu <[email protected]>
vix@ns3044876:~$
vix@ns3044876:~$ apt list lz4
Listing... Done
lz4/hirsute-updates,hirsute-security,now 1.9.3-1ubuntu0.1 amd64 [installed,automatic]
N: There is 1 additional version. Please use the '-a' switch to see it
vix@ns3044876:~$
 
It's the only error that I got. Build succeeded after installing package but I didn't install the full image, just updated packages

Code:
$ MACHINE=zgemmah7 DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=developer make image          check internet connection: Online
ERROR: The following required tools (as specified by HOSTTOOLS) appear to be unavailable in PATH, please install them in order to proceed:
  lz4c
make: *** [Makefile:1073: image] Error 1
 
Just that Huevos has been forced to build on 21.04 and he apparently didn't have to install it
I had to add something for 21.04, and lz4 sounds about right.

There are (or were) a few other fixes/patches I had to apply (== make up myself). Nowhere near them at the moment, so can't say what they were. Worked in the end.
 
Just that Huevos has been forced to build on 21.04 and he apparently didn‘t have to install it - so thats why I was interested in knowing when/where it broke - there is another issue on 21.04 which he is fixing box by box - so you may hit other problems

Does Ubuntu 21.04 include broken software?
What kind of issue with 21.04 would need fixing box by box?
 
Does Ubuntu 21.04 include broken software?
What kind of issue with 21.04 would need fixing box by box?

When GCC is built it has default compile flags. The default flags in 21.04 may be different from the ones in 20.04. That means a piece of code that might have raised a warning in 20.04 will raise an error and halt the build in 21.04. And as some code is box specific this needs fixing on a box by box basis, e.g. linux kernels.
 
When GCC is built it has default compile flags. The default flags in 21.04 may be different from the ones in 20.04. That means a piece of code that might have raised a warning in 20.04 will raise an error and halt the build in 21.04. And as some code is box specific this needs fixing on a box by box basis, e.g. linux kernels.

Yuck!
So you're having to insert lots of compatibility options to cope with lots of assorted old code.
:(
 
Yuck!
So you're having to insert lots of compatibility options to cope with lots of assorted old code.
:(

If you are not in control of the incoming code you patch it in do_patch() in the bitbake recipe. This is pretty standard
 
Yuck!
So you're having to insert lots of compatibility options to cope with lots of assorted old code.
:(

When I updated to 21.10, I only add to install the lz4, everything else seems OK, I've built H7C, H9Combo and Vu Ultimo4k. I didn't do a clean install of 21.10, just went through the software updater on the Ubuntu desktop
 
Looks like Github have changed their security today so the update and builds are failing

Code:
https://github.blog/2021-09-01-improving-git-protocol-security-github/
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top