birdman
Moderator
Sorry. Here it is:Building with OE 5.6 works already?
That link seems to be to a private area I need extra permissions to access.
Sorry. Here it is:Building with OE 5.6 works already?
That link seems to be to a private area I need extra permissions to access.

Manually applying that patch toSorry. Here it is:
build-enviroment/meta-openembedded/meta-python/recipes-devtools/python/python3-evdev_1.7.1.bb

Did you use Ubuntu 22.04 or 24.04 ?I've done a fresh checkout of OE 5.6 and built the 6.8 Beta image (Vu Ultimo 4K) without any mods needed. It did fail several times but immediately starting again each time got it to complete. I'm currently building for the Zgemma H9SE
I'm on 24.04.3 LTS and have recently built the 6.8.001.001 on the OE5.6 from a fresh checkout, it did halt a few times but starting again allowed it to complete.Did you use Ubuntu 22.04 or 24.04 ?
What was the error message when it halted?I'm on 24.04.3 LTS and have recently built the 6.8.001.001 on the OE5.6 from a fresh checkout, it did halt a few times but starting again allowed it to complete.
builds/openvix/developer/et8000/tmp/log/cooker/et8000 (but with et8000 changed to your box name).What was the error message when it halted?
There will be logs inbuilds/openvix/developer/et8000/tmp/log/cooker/et8000(but withet8000changed to your box name).
And the error there will refer to a log file of the actual package that had the problem (and hence be a more useful log).
For my et8000 build(I hope this is the correct thread to ask newbie questions - please move it if not.)
With Mut@nt51 and SX988 images no longer being provided I am considering building my own. Is there a way to reduce the local storage size requirements for building an image? I read on github's openvix build page, server requirements will need "HDD: for Single Build 250GB Free, for Multibuild 500GB or more".
Feeds are box specific depending on architecture.Oh! I got it now. Feeds contain pre-compiled binaries which can be fetched from an online repository and installed on a receiver.
Are these packages suitable for all machines, or do they need to be compiled individually to match each receiver?
Will packages currently installed on my receiver be built as part of the base image, or will I need to build them separately? Is there some package list I can include with my build effort, so I don't have to build packages I will never use?
Assuming you are in your build directory, then in terminal justI had a go, but failed at the first step! I can't clone the repo, because ... github.
I hadn't used github since they were taken over and added all these authentication complications, 2FA, etc. Trying to clone with my registered github username or email and my password credentials failed. I created a github (classic) token and tried to use this as a password, this failed too. I'd be grateful if you could please explain what steps I need to take to be able to access github and clone oe-alliance?
git clone https://github.com/oe-alliance/build-enviroment.git -b 6.7
Cloning into 'build-environment' ...
Username for 'https://github.com': Mickkie
Password for 'https://[email protected]':
remote: Invalid username or token. Password authentication is not supported for Git operations.
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://github.com/oe-alliance/build-environment.git/'