Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[CrossEPG-Config] Can´t get my picons to show in EPG

  • Thread starter Thread starter perkins
  • Start date Start date
P

perkins

Guest
Hello and I´m sorry if this is too noob question, but I need some help to understand the setup of picons. :confused:

I got usb-memorystick connected and the epg saves the channel information onto it so it seems to be working well. I have saved my picons to "/media/usb/picon" folder and the filenames are according the service name. F.ex channel name is "Yle TV1" the filename is "Yle TV1.png". Resolution of the png´s is 70x53.

Fore some reason none of the picons shows up in my epg (or channel list). So seems that I´m missing something relative in this setup.

From the crossepg settings I changed the "Service title mode" so that is should show the picon if available. I have also booted the receiver many times. Also tried to copy the picon folder by ftp and straight from the PC.

I got a feeling that for some reason it doesn´t link the channels and the picons. But I don´t understand what should I do to link them. If somebody have more experience from those and would be willing to give me some advices, I would be very greatful.

Thank you. :)
 
Its not channel names you need to name them mate, its channel ref like this

1_0_19_C5E4_967_2_11A0000_0_0_0
 

Attachments

  • 1_0_19_C5E4_967_2_11A0000_0_0_0.webp
    1_0_19_C5E4_967_2_11A0000_0_0_0.webp
    1.6 KB · Views: 103
What picon pack are you using? The filenames for the picons are based on the service reference and NOT the service name and will look something like:

1_0_1_197A_7D6_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png

You can either download a picon pack from the feeds or from the picon sub forum.
 
It´s alive! :)

I knew that there was something wrong in my basic thinking. I got those channel refs using the dreamboxEdit. Renamed the files and they started to show in the epg. I probably have to do some tuning with the icon layouts, but I got them to work.

Just bought the Vu+Duo2 receiver with 2xDVB-C receivers. Few years ago I had Topfield DVB-C receiver and did a little bit same kind of tuning (with TAP softwares), but looks like my skills are a little bit rusty.

I´m thinking that those picon packages doesn´t have Finnish TV icons so I thought I have to manually add them.

Thanks guys for your help!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top