Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Cannot install cocy after upgrading to 5.3

wingunners

New member
Joined
May 7, 2012
Messages
69
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Recently I upgrade to 5.3. I use to have cocy installed on it, but now when I go to install it on 5.3 I get this error:

Code:
root@et8500:/media/usb# opkg install enigma2-plugin-extensions-co
cy_0.4.1.ipk
Installing enigma2-plugin-extensions-cocy (0.4.1) on root.
Configuring enigma2-plugin-extensions-cocy.
Collecting cocy==0.3
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/d9/68/fc7f
b17fe31144300849db255f1911ca2075715e1609ad833e69b9876ac9/cocy-0.3
-py2-none-any.whl
Collecting circuits-bricks==0.4.4 (from cocy==0.3)
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/d0/76/d1c3
82cd19e0ba0dca9b300a84066329fc8fbdca5a2988c3e5496b9985f2/circuits
_bricks-0.4.4-py2-none-any.whl
Collecting rbtranslations (from cocy==0.3)
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/dc/bc/cf94
114b9a01ab78d911a8e75b896ef9a243682c29f60f8416d8455d0c94/rbtransl
ations-0.9.5.tar.gz
    Complete output from command python setup.py egg_info:
    usage: -c [global_opts] cmd1 [cmd1_opts] [cmd2 [cmd2_opts] ..
.]
       or: -c --help [cmd1 cmd2 ...]
       or: -c --help-commands
       or: -c cmd --help

    error: invalid command 'egg_info'

    ----------------------------------------
Command "python setup.py egg_info" failed with error code 1 in /v
ar/volatile/tmp/pip-install-F5ucDL/rbtranslations/
 
Flash install using the ofgwrite tool from the vix image manager
 
I am guessing that this plugin hasn‘t been updated for some time - you need to contact the author
 
Googling the problems shows setuptools and python-pip and certificates are issue.

Some one said it works with python 3.6 not 3.7

Is 5.3 python 3.7?
 
Just downgraded to 5.2.045 and it installed okay. Right at the end says: consider upgrading pip install
 
Hi Wingunners,

Can I ask what you are using COCY plugin for?

I was looking for something to allow my E2 box to stream its audio output to a designated upnp device. Wasn’t sure if Cocy would work.
 
Hi,
CoCy is an uPnP renderer which means you can play audio/video/pictures from other devices an display it with the E2 receiver.

If you install setup tools 44 manually before you install cocy it seems to work. At least I did not get an error on my VU Duo4K with OpenVix 5.3.014.008

Ralf
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top