Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Can't add news channels to AutoBouquetsMaker

SkyFan

New member
Joined
Dec 29, 2012
Messages
562
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Here's my custommix file:

<custommix>

<sections>
<section number="1">Sky Fan</section>
</sections>

<inserts>
<insert target="001" source="815" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC Four HD -->
<insert target="002" source="115" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC One HD -->
<insert target="003" source="802" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC Two HD -->
<insert target="004" source="803" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ITV London HD -->
<insert target="005" source="804" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Channel 4 HD -->
<insert target="006" source="805" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Channel 5 HD -->
<insert target="007" source="112" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ComedyCentHD -->
<insert target="008" source="119" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ITV3 HD -->
<insert target="009" source="143" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Drama -->
<insert target="010" source="160" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Challenge -->
<insert target="011" source="110" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Gold HD -->
<insert target="012" source="111" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Dave HD -->
<insert target="013" source="122" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Sky Arts HD -->
<insert target="014" source="108" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Sky Atlantic HD -->
<insert target="015" source="114" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Sky Documentaries -->
<insert target="016" source="406" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- SkySp F1 HD -->
<insert target="017" source="410" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Eurosport 1 HD -->
<insert target="018" source="411" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Eurosport 2 HD -->
<insert target="019" source="818" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ITV4 -->
<insert target="020" source="200" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC Parliament -->
<insert target="021" source="878" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- RT HD -->
<insert target="022" source="206" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC News HD -->
<insert target="023" source="277" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- CNN HD -->
<insert target="024" source="202" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Sky News -->

<insert target="025" source="413" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BT Sport 1 HD -->
<insert target="026" source="414" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BT Sport 2 HD -->
<insert target="027" source="504" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BT Sport/ESPN HD -->
<insert target="028" source="118" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- ITV 2 HD -->
</inserts>
</custommix>

I can't get the underlined channels to appear as the correct channels in my custom bouquet. I've tried copying the channel numbers from the following files but neither channel number worked:
  • EXAMPLE_hd_sat_282_freesat_CustomLCN
  • EXAMPLE_hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN

Can you please tell me how to find the correct source number for the channels I'm trying to get.
 
Add your debug log so we see exactly what settings you are using in ABM.

Attach the xml file you are using instead of just pasting contents. One of your other threads , content was fine when I tried it, so you must have made an error in the file you were using. You can attach xml files to forum, no need to zip.
 
I get the channel numbers from here:
You have to click the 'all' tab at the top.
http://www.tvchannelguide.co.uk/
I don't know why but, for me at least, clicking all doesn't make it show them all at once; quite a few categories don't seem to be included in all.
Later: Oh wait, sometimes, but not always, they appear further down, out of order?!
 
Last edited:
From debug log

Code:
< 44298.9821> [ABM-config] level:  expert
< 44298.9845> [ABM-config] providers:  sat_282_freesat:hd_freesat_110_1:158:userbouquet.favourites.tv|sat_282_sky_uk:hd_london:149:
< 44298.9870> [ABM-config] keepbouquets: All
< 44298.9896> [ABM-config] add provider prefix:  False
< 44298.9916> [ABM-config] show in extensions menu:  False
< 44298.9937> [ABM-config] placement:  top
< 44298.9965> [ABM-config] skip services on non-configured satellites:  True
< 44298.9987> [ABM-config] show non-indexed:  False
< 44299.0007> [ABM-config] schedule:  True
< 44299.0029> [ABM-config] schedule time:  [6, 20]


< 44343.9853> [ABM-Tools][customLCN] No custom video LCN file for sat_282_freesat.
< 44343.9908> [ABM-Tools][customLCN] No custom radio LCN file for sat_282_freesat.
< 44344.0414> [ABM-Tools][customLCN] No custom video LCN file for sat_282_sky_uk.
< 44344.0526> [ABM-Tools][customLCN] No custom radio LCN file for sat_282_sky_uk.
< 44344.0557> [ABM-Tools][customMix] No CustomMix file for sat_282_freesat.



You are using the wrong numbers. Why are you importing numbers for an SD line up when you have selected a HD lineup? I have already to explained to you that it is best you use the numbers from the example file that is created by ABM. Have a look at EXAMPLE_hd_sat_282_sky_uk_CustomLCN.xml


I don't know why the are coming up in the 87x range, but that is what you have to use.


Code:
        <insert target="021" source="878" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- CNN HD -->
        <insert target="022" source="877" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- BBC News HD -->
        <insert target="023" source="879" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- RT HD -->
        <insert target="024" source="875" provider="sat_282_sky_uk"></insert> <!-- Sky News -->
 
I did use those channel numbers but wasn't getting them to show up in ABM so I then tried using the SD channel numbers to see if that worked but it didn't. I'll double-check later on today.

Another subject while you've got the debug log, is there any way to see why a programme didn't record other than pressing the EPG button on a timer? I did that and it just said the following timer started and ended recording when it should have and that there were enough free space to record. However the filesize is zero:

20201106 1855 - ITV London HD - Coronation St_ & Emmerdale (Mon-Fri) 6'55pm-10'10pm
 
Last edited:
I had that issue on ITD HD London some time back when there was a mismatch between the EPG channel name entry and the actual channel. Can't remember the cause of the issue exactly, but I recall a change in ABM was made at the time. Perhaps @abu will enlighten?
 
Nothing to do with ABM, just service reference changes. Maybe OP can compare current service reference with the one he set recording on.

There are meant to be more ITV HD services added to align with SD versions. Not sure if that is relevant.
 
Yes abu - it was service reference mismatch between EPG and channel which caused zero length recordings at the time. I thought that ITV London was renamed specifically in ABM, so the channel in the bouquet matched what was in the EPG (and thus timer recording entry), but my recollection may be faulty. In my case it just affected one day's recordings of Corrie and was fixed quickly. I think I just had to delete and then re-add an autotimer.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top