Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Can't delete any recordings?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dispatches
  • Start date Start date
D

Dispatches

Guest
Hi all,

Pretty new to this so may be something obvious but I can't seem to delete recordings. They disappear as if deleted but the next time I go back into the file list they're back again!

I'm running the latest vix with an internal 500 gb hdd.

Thanks for any help you cam provide.
 
Hi all,

Pretty new to this so may be something obvious but I can't seem to delete recordings. They disappear as if deleted but the next time I go back into the file list they're back again!

I'm running the latest vix with an internal 500 gb hdd.

Thanks for any help you cam provide.[/QUOTE

So you delete them to the trash can ...! Have you clicked on trash can and delete that too..? it won't delete the folder it will just delete the contents ..?
 
So you delete them to the trash can ...! Have you clicked on trash can and delete that too..? it won't delete the folder it will just delete the contents ..?

Deleting from the movies folder, then they reappear in the movies folder when I next go back in.

When I delete a file, it disappears from the file list but if I go straight to the trash can it doesn't appear there either. If I then exit the trash can back to the movie folder the file is back again!

Any ideas?
 
If your deleting them and they aren't going to the trash can there's certainly something going a little pear shaped. Is this a new hard drive, has it deleted in the past ok?
 
If here's not much on the drive and and nothing you want to save. I think i'd re intialize it which should wipe it... Menu>setup>system> storage devices
 
Been in and working fine for 3 days. Only thing I added between it deleting and not is the transmission BitTorrent plugin which is saving its files to the hdd
 
Been in and working fine for 3 days. Only thing I added between it deleting and not is the transmission BitTorrent plugin which is saving its files to the hdd

This obvious thing I guess then would be to delete that first and re check , also go into storage devices and check yoursettings
 
This obvious thing I guess then would be to delete that first and re check , also go into storage devices and check yoursettings

Umm might be a bigger problem. Just press's blue to go into extensions and listed their is a bunch, 16 pages, of waiting actions including soft am checks, moving files, auto timer, epg check all at 0% listed in the format: 'Waiting: Moving files (0%)'

Moving files is no doubt my delete command. Any ideas what could be causing all this?
 
I think your hard drive is trying or in the process of downloading something or even multiple downloads. Ive see this before when using TS media. I take it you have restarted your box and its the same ..?
 
I think your hard drive is trying or in the process of downloading something or even multiple downloads. Ive see this before when using TS media. I take it you have restarted your box and its the same ..?

Um no I hadn't reset.... And that's fixed it.

I have tsmedia and had tried setting a few downloads that failed (downloads empty) and had updated it so I guess tsmedia was the prob.

All fine now though.

Cheers for your help and hand hold
 
I had this happen to me once also, I found that if you are downloading something it won't delete the files until the downloads are finished.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
 
similar problem here, trying to clean up (delete files) my internal HDD, but most of them are giving me windows message: "File access denied" " Requires permission Unix user/root to perform this action
can this be fixed
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top