Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Can't mount USB (or EXT SATA) HDD

marty

ViX Beta Tester ,
Joined
Oct 26, 2010
Messages
2,186
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Location
France (central)
Using VIX 3.0 I can't mount a USB (or EXT SATA) HDD :confused:
I have tried 4 different drives, both USB and EXT SATA and I just get a crash :(
All drives are formatted in NTFS (needed for PC use too) and all drives worked perfect on VIX 2.4.

Here is a crashlog from just now.

View attachment enigma2_crash_1347607256.log

Any ideas?
 
I did a search and found this LINK

I followed the instructions.
ntfs.webp

Rebooted the DUO and still get the crash :eek:

I forgot to say the crash happens when I press MOUNT MANAGER then it says scanning for devices then it crashes.
 
First of all upgrade to the latest build and for USB NTFS you'll need to install the NTFS-utils.
 
First of all upgrade to the latest build and for USB NTFS you'll need to install the NTFS-utils.

I'm on the latest 'stable' build ;)
Without sounding really thick :D where would I find NTFS-utils? :thumbsup:
 
I'm on the latest 'stable' build ;)
Without sounding really thick :D where would I find NTFS-utils? :thumbsup:


update to the latest build first either by using the software update option in the image ( enable unstable updates first ) or by a telnet session with the following command init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6


Then install the NFS client software on the box.

menu > setup> system> network> NFS setup
 
update to the latest build first either by using the software update option in the image ( enable unstable updates first ) or by a telnet session with the following command init 4 && opkg update && opkg upgrade && init 6


Then install the NFS client software on the box.

menu > setup> system> network> NFS setup

NFS and NTFS isn't the same thing ;)

I got it sorted in the end.
I had rebooted my DUO and still got the same problem but then I went into deep standby and the turned off the DUO with the button for a few secs then it was fine after it booted up.

So to recap using "opkg install ntfs-3g" works but in my case I had to power down rather than reboot :thumbsup:
 
NFS and NTFS isn't the same thing ;)

I got it sorted in the end.
I had rebooted my DUO and still got the same problem but then I went into deep standby and the turned off the DUO with the button for a few secs then it was fine after it booted up.

So to recap using "opkg install ntfs-3g" works but in my case I had to power down rather than reboot :thumbsup:

my bad i read the thread wrongly. but at least you got it sorted.
 
just created a plugin for this so you can now install it from feeds, will in next update.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top