Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Can't record - Doing my head in!

  • Thread starter Thread starter skittle7
  • Start date Start date
S

skittle7

Guest
Hi,

So I've erased my Seagate 500GB External hard drive and I've formatted it to 'Mac OS Extended (Journaled)'.

Now I go to the Hard Disk section and try to initialize the disk so I can use it to record on and it's not on the list, only my USB stick which I use for EPG stuff etc.

Why is this happening?! Really frustrated. Am I meant to format it again before I connect to my Gigablue box?

I was expecting this process to be easier than this but I'm having trouble.

Thanks for reading
 
I'm on a Mac and that option doesn't come up in Disk Utility?

EDIT:
Formatted it as MS-DOS (Fat32) on my Mac, plugged it in and it's still not coming up?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Horray, got it!

Formatted it like above but I needed to change the locations of the drives in Mount manager, then it did a restart. Then I initialized it then and it's recording :)

However, the playback quality isn't very good at all, might that be with the HDD speed?
Also, I can't change the location of the recordings from /hdd/movie to another location at all, it won't let me..

Anyone?
 
No idea why you posted in the general section.
Please please please: provide all the info you have and now it turns out to be ViX this thread should have been in the ViX-section :rolleyes:
 
Maybe if the the forum was actually structured properly where I knew EXACTLY where to post (since there's many stupid sub forums which my post could have gone into), then I would have put it there.

And I wouldn't agree that it would go into the Vix section as it was a general recording question to start off. I wouldn't know if was specific to ViX at the time.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
 
Maybe if the the forum was actually structured properly where I knew EXACTLY where to post (since there's many stupid sub forums which my post could have gone into), then I would have put it there.

And I wouldn't agree that it would go into the Vix section as it was a general recording question to start off. I wouldn't know if was specific to ViX at the time.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:


Nice attitude ! I can see people fighting to help you with all your future issues. :thumbsup:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top