Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Ultimo4K] Can't restore image, blue button "Empty"

Toja60

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2016
Messages
75
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Location
Sweden
Hi!

I wanted to restore an earlier image, but when i choose an image I can't "execute" or restore with the "blue button", there are no text next to the blue button, I Think it should be "restore" next to it.
It's no problem at all with the hdd or the image-files.

I checked my Duo2 with 5.9.013, and there is the text "restore" at the blue button.

No extra plugins installed, only oscam.

The blue button menu works elsewhere...

Whats wrong?
 
Image restore using couch flash is not supported on arm processors, which is what you've got - you need to usb flash.
 
Last edited:
Image restore using couch flash is not supported on arm processors, which is what you've got - you need to usb flash.

Correct, but to clarify Image restore is not supported by OpenViX on arm processors
 
Image restore using couch flash is not supported on arm processors, which is what you've got - you need to usb flash.

What is the difference between "couch flash" and USB flash?
 
What is the difference between "couch flash" and USB flash?
Image manager has the option to restore a selected image via the blue button.
Image manager also has the option to download recent images, so you can, for example, flash the latest ViX image without the need for a usb stick (and you don't need to get up from your seat (couch) to do it).
There is no difference in the end result between a couch and usb flash.
Personally, I never usb flash unless it's absolutely necessary.
 
Last edited:
OK, thanks for the answers. But if I'm not wrong, I have been able to restore imagebackups with the blue button in earlier versions...

So I will be able to extract one of the old imagebackups from /media/hdd/imagebackups/ to an USB-stick and flash?
 
OK, thanks for the answers. But if I'm not wrong, I have been able to restore imagebackups with the blue button in earlier versions...

So I will be able to extract one of the old imagebackups from /media/hdd/imagebackups/ to an USB-stick and flash?
1. Blue button ... there was a situation where in the past, hitting the OK button enabled a restore of an ARm based receiver ....this has been blocked.
2. Yes, you should be able to restore a old image backup ... but depending on how old, there may not be plugins available from the feeds.
 
FYI, I extracted the imagebackup 5.9.009 to an USB-stick and flashed, no problem at all, putted back my latest "etc" content, and upgraded to 5.9.013 again.
The reason for all was to quick clean up from tests (files and plugins) I made after 5.9.009.

The hardest work with this operation was to "un-couch" :)

Thank you all!
 
Can't restore image, blue button "Empty"

You can restore the settings backup, no need to do it manually.

Restoring a settings backup is different to flashing using Image Manager&ofgwrite
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top