Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo] Can't Set Resolution TO 1080i

@Sicilian,

As a hunch, I asked the OP to try BH 2.1.5 and he said he could select 1080i, no problem at all.

Do you still think this is a driver/kernel problem because it's fine in BH and I would have thought BH would be using same driver/kernel as what has been used in a Vix build like 150 as they were both released around same time and will have have had same drivers/kernel in them both (I assume)?

@Tkr001, could you try fresh usb flash to vix 150 (if you haven't already)?

Thanks
 
Last edited:
the kernels maybe the same but the contents are likely to be alot different.

i bet our defconfigs our different.
 
and the last commit for this was [vusolo 1] no free mem revert 1080p support
2months ago.
 
and the last commit for this was [vusolo 1] no free mem revert 1080p support
2months ago.
I just noticed that.

Fits in with timescales as OP couldn't go that far back to check due to hacking of your ftp site.
 
the kernel is supplied by vu initially,
then other folks amend it, then it also doenst get updated with changed etc.
 
@Sicilian,

As a hunch, I asked the OP to try BH 2.1.5 and he said he could select 1080i, no problem at all.

Do you still think this is a driver/kernel problem because it's fine in BH and I would have thought BH would be using same driver/kernel as what has been used in a Vix build like 150 as they were both released around same time and will have have had same drivers/kernel in them both (I assume)?

@Tkr001, could you try fresh usb flash to vix 150 (if you haven't already)?

Thanks

flashed 150 and as expected 1080i failed.
 
Can't fresh flash cos 164 not available for download yet. Updated from 163. Will fresh flash when I can download 164 and will attempt boot log. Need to get a gender bender for my usb to serial cable. Did flash ATV which worked fine with 1080i for me too.
 
Can't fresh flash cos 164 not available for download yet. Updated from 163. Will fresh flash when I can download 164 and will attempt boot log. Need to get a gender bender for my usb to serial cable. Did flash ATV which worked fine with 1080i for me too.

I've just released only the VU+ Solo images, please fresh flash and test.

Other images have been held back due to couple of issues I've found.

Just need to know if 1080i is fixed on Solo please.
 
Yes 1080i works with fresh flash but there are issues starting samba/nfs so I guess we need to wait for those to be resolved
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top