Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] CCcam Info - crash when switching between configs

guff daddy

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
319
Reaction score
2
Points
0
Running VIX 3.0 build 664

I use the CCcaminfo plugin to switch between different CCcam.cfg files - however recently (I'm not sure since what update) selecting a different config file leads to a system crash.

Once the box reboots the CCcam.cfg file no longer exists (even though CCcam still works...)


The CCcam.cfg and alternate files (CCcam_01.cfg etc.) are all in the /etc/ folder.
 

Attachments

There are posts elsewhere on the forum about this. I was having this problem. What i have read is creating a swapfile helps.
 
Most of the posts I've read refer to the coloured buttons being missing from the cfg selection screen. I don't have the problem - the buttons are there OK. The problem is that pressing the green button to select a different config crashes the box. This also happens with a swapfile enabled.
 
If you press OK on the new selection rather than green do you get same results?
 
Last edited:
Most of the posts I've read refer to the coloured buttons being missing from the cfg selection screen. I don't have the problem - the buttons are there OK. The problem is that pressing the green button to select a different config crashes the box. This also happens with a swapfile enabled.
A crash but no crashlog?
 
Hi mate

Think your find the CCcam.cfg file has always gone walkabout for some strange reason thats why i stopped using the switcher prog in the end as i got fed up having to put it back in, if i want to isolate a server i just simply # the line now.
 
Hi mate

Think your find the CCcam.cfg file has always gone walkabout for some strange reason thats why i stopped using the switcher prog in the end as i got fed up having to put it back in, if i want to isolate a server i just simply # the line now.

I've had problems before with this on my DM800 but generally with images that store the cfg files in a different folder than /etc/ - such as /usr/keys or /var/keys
It worked fine on VIX for quite a while but was broken by a recent update (not sure which one...)
 
Resolved this - reverted to an older backup (3.0 build 574) and the cfg switch worked fine, so I just restored settings and did an online update to 665 and it's still working OK...
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top