Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8x00] Channel descriptions missing on TV Guide

  • Thread starter Thread starter Baz69
  • Start date Start date
B

Baz69

Guest
When I pull up the TV Guide on my Xtrend ET8000 not all of the channel descriptions are listed but if I select a channel that doesn't have a programme description it does update the description however this is not retained. I have also loaded the EPG again but this makes no difference.

Does anyone know how I can have all of the channel descriptions listed?

Thanks
 
What is your setup? Satellite only. Cable only. Or both. What do you have setup for EPG etc? As much info as poss please.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have satellite only (dual feeds) and my EPG setting is;

Location: /media/USB
Filename: EPG
Automatic refresh: yes
Refresh every (in hours): 24
Automatic save: yes
Save every (in hours): 23
Show EIT now/next in infobar: yes
Enable EIT EPG: yes
Enable MHW EPG: yes
Enable FreeSat EPG: yes
Enable ViaSat EPG: yes
Enable Netmed EPG: yes
Enable Virgin EPG: yes
Maintain old EPG data for: 15
Include EIT in http streams: yes
Include AIT in http streams: yes

Is this what you needed?
 
I want you to change to;
/media/USB
epg
no
no
yes
yes
no
yes
yes
yes
yes
0
yes
yes
Green button to save, then go into CrossEPG. In Configure, schedule your download to DAILY at 15 mins after your ABM schedule. So if ABM at 4:00am, set EPG to 4:15am then green button to save. Then go into OpenTV providers and make sure a tick is present in Sky UK OpenTV and then green button to save. Exit all the way out back to your tv and rerun CrossEPG. Blue button and then CrossEPG Downloader.
All done and the schedule will run it every morning for you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ok thanks, I've made the changes you requested to the EPG but I'm not sure what you mean by the ABM schedule is?
 
Do you use AutoBouquetsMaker? Menu > Setup > Service searching > ABM > Configure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ah yes, it's set to;
Simple
Yes
01:00
Daily
No

So I guess my CrossEPG download time should be 01:15.
 
I've just done all you asked and I now have a full listing of all of the channels so thanks very much for your help.

Baz
 
I want you to change to;
/media/USB
epg
no
no
yes
yes
....
What difference does it make changing epg refresh to "no" and automatic save to "no"? I have mine set to yes with a time interval of 12hrs. Can't say I've noticed any problem/difference with it?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top