Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET10x00] channel needs a reboot after changing channel

George Kildare

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2014
Messages
188
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I am having a strange problem with MSNBC on Telstar 12. If I change channel and then return to MSNBC it does not receive it any more, but if I reboot I receive it. MSNBC seems to be the only channel that does this. Other channels on Telstar 12 work okay.

It was working fine and the problem appeared yesterday.

Any thoughts on what is happening?
 
I restored the last image and its now working again.
Sorry for the spam.
 
I spoke too soon. When I go to another channel and return to MSNBC I get a message that tuning has "failed". If I stay on the channel the reception seems excellent and persists for many hours, as long as I don't change channels.
The channel is Telstar12 12509 H 3198 ⅞. If I search for it now I can't find it, but I can restore it from my backups. Other Telstar 12 channels do not show this effect.MSNBC is a good "liberal" anecdote to Fox News in following the "soap" of the US elections and I cannot receive it in any other way.
Has anybody got some bright ideas as to why this is happening? Could the frequency of the transponder be shifting?
 
"Reception is excellent"
What is the signal SNR showing?
The Samsung tuners in the ET10000 can be tricky with weakish signals (especially 8psk), taking several seconds to get a lock and then you can see the SNR increase significantly.
This Samsung issue would perhaps explain(?) why you have difficulty scanning the channel(you quote searching?) ... But once locked it stays solid.
 
Very many thanks for the information twol. Unfortunately MSNBC has now gone off completely. VOA Persian TV on the same satellite is coming in loud and clear (Transponder 12608 H 19279 ⅔). When I go to Service search> Signal finder, it registers that it is locked with a SNR of 66% and an AGC of 94%.

I tried this yesterday with MSNBC when it seemed to be working OK. However, it did not register at all. Do different transponders on the same satellite have different s/n? Can a transponder drift in frequency?
 
I would expect channels on same transponder to have same signal quality but I also know from living in a marginal area how signals can fluctuate for no apparent reason but I see seasonal changes like the one coming up as we move into Spring.
Perhaps not your issue but sometimes reception is not logical (or if it is haven,t found the logic yet!)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top