Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Channels change every 5 to 10 minutes

  • Thread starter Thread starter odiner
  • Start date Start date
Did you try a fresh flash, no restore, no plugin installed, only setup tuners and scan for channels?
See was happens with the most simple default install.
Also turn off port forwarding.
 
solo2 and duo2
another effect is that box goes into standby once in a while.
I have the odd HDMICEC issues on a Solo2, standby & random menu popups (seems to work a lot better with current drivers), but no channel hopping.
On 5 different manufacturer boxes, I've never seen a HDMICEC channel hopping issue.
 
I have the odd HDMICEC issues on a Solo2, standby & random menu popups (seems to work a lot better with current drivers), but no channel hopping.
On 5 different manufacturer boxes, I've never seen a HDMICEC channel hopping issue.
I have seen the channel hopping problem in addition to standby and menu popups. but I agree it's become better (but not gone) with the latest drivers.
 
My tuner also goes randomly to standby in the middle of a program. Yesterday two times to standby mode during the evening. So not only channel hopping, but also standby. I will try a complete reflash.
 
Please also describe your dish setup in terms of how many cables you have, what is at other end, no of dishes, lnbs switches motor?

Also state what you have configured each tuner as. Preferrably separately for each tuner.
 
I have had the same setup for many years with my old DM8000. The parabol consist of 4 double heads and a diseq switch. Tuner A is configured with 4 position (1w, 4,8E,13E,19,2E) and tuner B is like tuner A. This setup has been function very well also with my VU Duo2. But I think it is now way that thi setup can vreate this kind of trouble. Yesterday the tuner rebooted every hour when I tries to switch channels. I will do a reflesh today
 
Did you try turning off port fowarding, I had similar issues on my Duo2, With port forwarding turned off it does not happen best way forward if you want ports open is to set up a VPN
 
I have reflashed the box and setup the image without using old backup. The I upgaded to latest 043 version and deactivted the webinterface. The box are still changing channels every 5 to 1o minutes and the ftp interface and telnet interface are deactivated. Impossible to use telnet netstat. I have also deactivated portforward in my router. When I try to operate the tuner it will reboot. So now sometimes it reboots without notice or change channels. It also seem that both tuners are in use - even if I am just using one.

I have been patient and reflashed the image yesterday 3 times. The plugins or extra download would not work before I allowed the tuner to download unstable version of software/drivers. The download feed was blank. My trouble started when I upgraded from version 23 to 27 - I think. Anyway OpenVix Apollo are impossible for me to use. I new flash with Blackhole 2.1.1 gives me again a normal stable tuner - no channels hopping, no reboot/switching off, no failed to connect to ftp/telnet. It seems to be a software challenge somewere.
 
If it was a problem with the vix image then the forum would be full of people with this issue - the duo 2 is a popular receiver. When it is only happening to you then it must be either you or the receiver.
 
Any USB device connected?
Internal disk? disk OK?
 
Yes, one USB device 2G and internal harddisk. USB stores EPG data and picons - the harddisk is for video and pictures. I have tried it without USB pin - no difference. But still it has been stable with another image - now almost 20 hour.
 
Very strange.
I have a Duo2 box for over a year now and never had any problems running VIX.
But that doesn't help you.
Meanwhile we have build 47 now.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top